Adjudicating Authority (Procedure) Amendment Regulations, 2017
G.S.R. 515 (E).-In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (15) of section 6 of the Prevention of Money-Laundering Act, 2002 (15 of 2003), the Adjudicating Authority, hereby makes the following regulations to amend the Adjudicating Authority (Procedure) Regulations, 2013, namely:-
1. (1) These regulations may be called the Adjudicating Authority (Procedure) Amendment Regulations, 2017.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the official Gazette.
2. In the Adjudicating Authority (Procedure) Regulations, 2013,-
(A) in regulation 11, in sub-regulation (2), clause (e) shall be omitted;
(B) for regulation 13, the following regulation shall be substituted namely:-
"13 Issue of summon and notice -
(1) Every summon or notice shall be issued in Form 3 or Form 4 or Form 5 or Form 6, as the case may be, and signed by the Registrar or Administrative Officer.
(2) Every summon and notice shall be served by the complainant or applicant upon the defendant or respondent along with complete relied upon documents in a bound paper book and an affidavit of service along with proof of service shall be filed by the person affecting such service.
(3) (a) The service of summon or notice upon the defendant or respondent may ordinarily be made by,-
(i) Dasti i.e. delivering or tendering personally; or
(ii) registered post acknowledgement due (AD), or by speed post or courier service; or
(iii) Electronic mail (e-mail) or by fax message.
(iv) If any summon or notice, when tendered, is refused or if the person on whom the summon to be served refuses to sign an acknowledgment of service, then the complainant or applicant shall make a report to this effect and in such event, such summon or notice shall be deemed to have been served.
(4) If for any reason the such summon or notice can not be served personally, the complainant or applicant may serve the same by affixing a copy of the summon on the outer door or some other conspicuous part of the house or office in which the defendant/ respondent resides or carries on business or personally works for gain, and shall then return the original to the Registrar or Administrative Officer, with a report endorsed thereon or annexed thereto stating that he has so affixed the copy, the circumstances under which he did so and the name and address of the person, if any, in whose presence the copy was affixed and the Authority issuing the summon or notice shall in that...
To continue readingREQUEST YOUR TRIAL