CIC/SA/A/2015/000456, 000457 and 000458. Case: S.P. Gupta Vs Transport Department. Central Information Commission
|Case Number:||CIC/SA/A/2015/000456, 000457 and 000458|
|Party Name:||S.P. Gupta Vs Transport Department|
|Counsel:||For Appellant: Party-in-Person and For Respondents: Nand Gopal, MLO.|
|Judges:||M. Sridhar Acharyulu (Madabhushi Sridhar), Information Commissioner|
|Issue:||Right To Information Act, 2005 - Section 7(9)|
|Judgement Date:||June 30, 2015|
|Court:||Central Information Commission|
M. Sridhar Acharyulu (Madabhushi Sridhar), Information Commissioner
1. The appellant is present. The Public Authority is represented by Mr. Nand Gopal, MLO. The appellant has filed the above three appeals against the same Public Authority and hence they are taken up together for hearing today.
2. Appellant by his RTI application had sought information of Sheikh Sarai Transport Authority from 01.01.2014 to 05.11.2014 as under.
"1. He wanted detail is required for commercial License LMV License and heavy commercial license and license renewed from 01.01.2014 to 05.11.2014.
2. PIO replied that the information sought is voluminous and in view of Section 7(9) of RTI Act it was denied/rejected.
3. Having received no information, appellant filed first appeal. FAA disposed of the appeal directing the information be furnished in the form of soft copy within 10 days. Appellant approached the commission with the prayer to direct the PIO to supply the requisite information/photocopies."
3. Appellant by his RTI application had sought information of Sheikh Sarai Transport Authority from 01.01.2011 to 30.09.2014. He wanted details of the Commercial Licence LMV Licence and Commercial Licence Heavy Vehicle Licence in the form of the table in his RTI application. PIO by his letter dated 21.10.2014 stated that the information for pages 01 to 16 and 17-18 was enclosed. Being unsatisfied, appellant filed first appeal. FAA by his Order dated 13.01.2015 directed the PIO to supply compete information as in the form being maintained in records within 15 days. In compliance of FAA Order, PIO requested the appellant to come for inspection of record. Appellant approached the Commission with the prayer to direct the PIO to supply the requisite information/photocopies.
4. Appellant by his RTI application had sought for information regarding Sh. Nand Gopal presently posted as MLO Transport Authority, Sheikh Sarai Govt. of Delhi. He wanted information on the...
To continue readingREQUEST YOUR TRIAL