1 . Short title, Commencement and Application--
(1) This Scheme may be called the Rajasthan Shops and Commercial Establishment Employees Life Insurance Scheme, 1987.
(2) The Provisions of this Scheme shall come into force on the 1st day of Janurary, 1987.
(3) This scheme shall apply to the qualified employees of an establishment for providing the benefit of Life Insurance Scheme under Section 5 of the Ordinance.
2 . Definitions--
(1) In this scheme, unless the context otherwise requires,
(a) "Assurance benefit" means the sum assured which is payable to the nominee or the legal heirs of a qualified employee in the event of his death, in accordance with the provisions of this scheme.
(b) 'Family' in relation to an employee, shall be deemed to consist of--
(i) in the case of male employee, himself, his wife, his children whether married or unmarried, his dependent parents and the widow and children of his predeceased son, if any.
(ii) in the case of a female employee herself, her husband, her children whether married or unmarried, her dependent parents and the dependent parents of her husband and the widow and children of her predeceased son, if any:
Provided that if a female employee, by a notice in writing to the manner prescribed in form 'E' in the scheme, expresses her desire to exclude her husband from her family, the husband and her dependent parents shall not longer be deemed, for the purposes of this scheme, to be included in the family of such female employee unless the said notice is subsequently withdrawn in form 'F' in this scheme.
Explanation -- Where the personal law of an employee permits the adoption of a child, any child lawfully adopted by him shall be deemed to be included in his family and where a child of an employee has been adopted by another person and such adoption is, under the personal law of the person making such adoption, lawful, such child shall be deemed to be excluded from the family of the employee.
(c) "Form" means a form appended to this scheme;
(d) "Nominee" means a person nominated in accordance with the provisions of this scheme to receive the benefit of this scheme;
(e) 'Ordinance' means the Rajasthan Shops and Commercial Establishments (Employees' Life Insurance) Ordinance, 1986;
(f) 'Rules" means the Rajasthan Shops and Commerieal Establishments (Employees Life Insurance) Rules, 1987.
(2) All other words and expressions used herein but not defined shall have the meaning respectively assigned to them under the Ordinance or the Rules.
3 . Administration of the Scheme--
The scheme shall be administered by the prescribed authority under the direct supervision and control of the State Government or the officer empowered by the State Government under Section 7 of the Ordinance.
4 . Plan of Assurance--
An assurance shall be effected with the Life Insurance...