(a) adopt appropriate procedure for processing of the statement of tax deducted at source; or
(b) decide the order of priority for processing of the statement of tax deducted at source based on administrative requirements.
6. Rectification of mistake.-- (1) An Income-tax authority of the Cell may, with a view to rectifying any mistake apparent from the record under section 154 of the Act, on its own motion or on receiving an application from the deductor, amend any order or intimation passed or sent by it under the Act.
(2) An application for rectification shall be furnished in the form and manner specified by the Director General.
(3) Where a rectification has the effect of reducing the refund or increasing the liability of the deductor, an intimation to this effect shall be sent to the deductor electronically by the Cell and the reply of the deductor shall be furnished in the form and manner specified by the Director General.
(4) Where an amendment has the effect of reducing a refund already made or increasing the liability of the deductor, the order under section 154 of the Act passed by an Income-tax authority of the Cell shall be deemed to be a notice of demand under section 156 of the Act.
7. Adjustment against outstanding tax demand.-- Where a refund arises from the processing of a statement under this scheme, the provisions of section 245 of the Act shall, so far as may be, apply.
8. Appeal.-- (1) Where a statement of tax deducted at source is processed at the Cell, the appeal proceedings relating to the processing of the statement shall lie with the Commissioner of Income-tax (Appeals) having jurisdiction over the Assessing Officer who has jurisdiction over the deductor and any reference to Commissioner of Income-tax (Appeals) in any communication from the Cell shall mean such jurisdictional Commissioner of Income-tax (Appeals).
(2) The Assessing Officer who has jurisdiction over the deductor shall submit the remand report and any other report to be furnished before the Commissioner of Income-tax (Appeals) and an order, if any, giving effect to appellate order shall be passed by such Assessing Officer.
9. No personal appearance at the Cell.-- (1) No person shall be required to appear personally or through authorised representative before the authorities at the Cell in connection with any proceedings.
(2) The Cell may call for such clarification, evidence or document as may be required for the purposes of the processing of statement...