- Civil Appeal (689)
- Criminal Appeal (394)
- Writ Petition (Civil) (50)
- Special Leave Petition (Civil) (40)
- Interlocutory Application (30)
- Writ Petition (Criminal) (30)
- Special Leave Petition (Criminal) (11)
- Criminal Miscellaneous Petition (10)
- Review petition (Civil) (7)
- Contempt Petition (Civil) (5)
- Arbitration Petition (4)
- Original Suit (3)
- Petition for Special Leave to Appeal (Civil) (3)
- Transfer Petition (Civil) (3)
- Transfer Petition (Criminal) (3)
- Contempt Petition (Criminal) (2)
- Review petition (Criminal) (2)
- Suo Motu Contempt Petition (1)
- Writ Petition (1)
- Special Leave Petition (1)
- Contempt Petition (1)
- Suo Motu Contempt Petition (Criminal) (1)
- Civil Appeal No. 1727 of 2016. Case: Nidhi Kaim and another Vs State of Madhya Pradesh and others. Supreme Court
2. Orders were passed by the Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board (hereinafter referred to as, ''Vyapam''), cancelling the results of the appellants, of their professional MBBS course, on the ground that the appellants had gained admission to the course, by resorting to unfair means, during the Pre-Medical Test. These orders were passed, w...
- Civil Appeal No.2342 of 2017, (arising Out of SLP(C)No. 21587 of 2014). Case: Executive Officer, Arulmigu Chokkanatha Swamy Koil Trust Virudhunagar Vs Chandran & Ors.. Supreme Court
2. The defendant has filed this appeal against judgment of the Madurai Bench of Madras High Court dated 22.01.2013, by which judgment the High Court while reversing the judgment of trial court and First Appellate Court, has decreed the suit of the plaintiff. 3. The brief facts of the case are: The Respondent No. 1, who shall be hereinafter refe...
- Civil Appeal No.1546 of 2017, (Arising out of SLP (C) No.23890/2014). Case: Vijay Kumar Ahluwalia & Ors. Vs Bishan Chand Maheshwari & Anr.. Supreme Court
2. This appeal is filed against the final judgment and order dated 04.08.2014 passed by the High Court of Delhi at New Delhi in RCR No. 76 of 2013 whereby the High Court dismissed the revision filed by the appellants herein against the judgment dated 13.08.2012 of the Additional Rent Controller, Delhi by which the leave to contest the application f...
- Civil Appeal No. 1305-06 of 2017. Case: Durga Prasad Vs Narayan Ramchandaani (D) Thr. Lrs.. Supreme Court
1. These appeals arise from the judgment of the High Court of Uttarakhand at Nainital in Writ Petition(MS) No. 2729 of 2014 dated 09.03.2015 dismissing the writ petition and also the review petition, thereby affirming the findings of Additional District and Sessions Judge-VII, Dehradun that the appellant is an unauthorized occupant in suit premises...
- Civil Appeal No. 1008 of 2017, [Arising Out of Special Leave Petition (C) No.19117 of 2013]. Case: Nidhi Vs Ram Kripal Sharma (D) Through Lrs.. Supreme Court
1. This appeal by way of special leave is preferred against the order dated 23.01.2013 passed by the High Court of Judicature at Allahabad in Writ Appeal No.19835 of 2003, wherein the High Court affirmed the order passed by Additional District Judge, Moradabad, thereby setting aside release order dated 29.10.1991 passed by the Prescribed Authority.
- Civil Appeal No. 491 of 2007. Case: Pukhrajmal Sagarmal Lunkad (D) through his L.Rs. and others etc. Vs The Municipal Council, Jalgaon and others. Supreme Court
1. This appeal is directed against judgment and order dated 23.12.2004, passed by the High Court of Judicature of Bombay, Bench at Aurangabad, whereby said Court has dismissed the Writ Petition No. 1924 of 1992. And for the reasons given in the said order, the other two Writ Petition Nos. 1925 of 1992 and 1228 of 2001 were also dismissed. 2. In t...
- Criminal Appeal No. 216, 217 of 2017, (arising out of SLP(Crl.) No. 3996, 3998 of 2011). Case: State of Rajasthan Vs Fatehkaran Mehdu. Supreme Court
2. These two appeals have been filed against the common judgment dated 16.11.2010 of the High Court of Judicature for Rajasthan at Jodhpur allowing S.B. Criminal Revision Petition No. 592/2009 Fatehkaran Mehdu versus State of Rajasthan and S.B. Criminal Revision Petition No. 598/2009 Kishan Singh Rawat versus State of Rajasthan. The High Court vide...
- Civil Appeal No. 1362 of 2017, (arising out of SLP(C)No. 25529 of 2014). Case: MGR Industries Association and Anr. Vs State of U.P. and Ors.. Supreme Court
2. This appeal has been filed against the judgment and order dated 17th July, 2014 of High Court of Judicature at Allahabad by which judgment Civil Misc.Writ (Tax) No.447 of 2014 filed by the appellants has been dismissed. 3. The brief facts of the case are: Appellant No.1 is an Industries Association registered under the Societies Registration...
- Criminal Appeal No.1171 of 2016, (Arising Out of S.L.P (Criminal) No.3338 of 2015). Case: Amrutbhai Shambhubhai Patel Vs Sumanbhai Kantibhai Patel & Ors.. Supreme Court
1. The assail is of the verdict dated 10.04.2015 rendered by the High Court, setting at naught the order dated 27.5.2014 passed by the Chief Judicial Magistrate, Gandhinagar, whereby the Trial Court had allowed the application filed by the appellant, the original informant, under Section 173(8) of the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 (for short, he...
- Civil Appeal Nos. 4822-4826, 4827 of 2007. Case: P. Sivanandi Vs 1. Rajeev Kumar & Ors., 2. The State of Tamil Nadu & Ors.. Supreme Court
1. These appeals raise a narrow question for consideration, namely, whether the Annual Confidential Report (ACR) of an officer forms a part of his ''service record'' and whether it could be ignored for the purposes of his promotion merely on the ground that it was written after some delay. In our opinion, the ACR of an officer forms a part of his s...
- Criminal Appeal No. 1243 of 2007 with Criminal Appeal No. 1399 of 2008 and Criminal Appeal Nos.1363-1365 of 2010-Decided on 14-09-2010. Case: 1. Abdul Sayeed, 2. Rafique, 3. Rais @ Toun & Ors. Vs State of Madhya Pradesh. Supreme Court
1. All the aforesaid appeals have been filed against the common judgment and order dated 12.1.2006, of the High Court of Madhya Pradesh at Jabalpur in Criminal Appeal Nos.1191 of 1998; 1210 of 1998; and 281 of 2001 by which the appellants have been convicted under Sections 302/34 of the Indian...
- Criminal Appeal No. 1599 of 2010, Arising out of SLP(Crl.) No. 2077 of 2010, Criminal Appeal Nos. 1600-1605 of 2010, Arising out of SLP(Crl.) Nos. 3235-3240 of 2010. Case: 1. Babubhai, 2. State of Gujarat and Ors. Vs 1. Gujarat and Ors., 2. Ganeshbhai Jakshibhai Bharwad and Ors.. Supreme Court
2. These appeals and other connected appeals have been preferred against the judgment and order dated 22.12.2009 of the High Court of Gujarat at Ahmedabad, passed in Special Criminal Application Nos. 1675/2008, 1679/2008 with Crl. Misc. Application Nos. 8249/2009, 8361/2009, 8363/2009 and 7687/2009....
- IA No. 10 of 2012 in Civil Appeal No. 10535 of 2011. Case: 1. Chairman and CEO, Noida and Anr., 2. In Re: Dr. G.P. Pathak, C/o D-156, Sector 27, Noida - 201301 Vs 1. Mange Ram Sharma (D) Thr. L.Rs.. and Anr.. Supreme Court
1. By this order, we will dispose of the above Interlocutory Application filed on behalf of Dr. G.P. Pathak. The prayer in this application is that this Court should modify para 4 of the directions contained in the order dated 30th July, 2012. While making the above prayer, it is submitted that the ...
- Criminal Appeal Nos.249-250 of 2011 and Criminal Appeal Nos.1747-1748 of 2011. Case: 1. Deepak Rai, 2. Jagat Rai and Anr. Vs State of Bihar. Supreme Court
1. These appeals are directed against the judgment and order passed by the High Court of Judicature at Patna in Death Reference No. 6 of 2009 and Criminal Appeal(DB) Nos. 989 of 2009 and 158 of 2010, dated 19.08.2010. By the impugned judgment and order, the High Court has confirmed the judgment of...
- Special Leave Petition (C) Nos. 17756 of 2007 and 4323-4324 of 2008. Case: 1. Garib Nawaz Corporation, 2. Anees Ahmed Vs 1. State of Maharashtra and Ors., 2. Subhash R. Acharya and Ors.. Supreme Court
1. These special leave petitions under Article 136 of the Constitution are directed against the judgment and order dated 16.08.2007 of the Division Bench of the Bombay High Court in Writ Petition No. 580 of 2007. 2. The relevant facts very briefly are that on 30.12.2001 the Chief Executive Officer,...
- Criminal Appeal Nos. 555 of 2012 and 1129-1130 of 2007. Case: 1. Ibrahim Musa Chauhan @ Baba Chauhan, 2. Altaf Ali Sayed Vs 1. State of Maharashtra, [Alongwith Criminal Appeal Nos. 1180, 1226, 1393, 1419, 1422 and 1631 of 2007 and 402 and 919 of 2008], 2. State of Maharashtra through CBI, [Alongwith Criminal Appeal Nos. 1225 of 2007 and 617-618 of 2008]. Supreme Court
1. This appeal has been preferred against the judgments and orders dated 29.11.2006 and 6.6.2007 passed by a Special Judge of the Designated Court under the Terrorist and Disruptive Activities (Prevention) Act, 1987 (hereinafter referred to as the 'TADA') in the Bombay Blast Case No. 1/1993, by...
- Civil Appeal No. 10301, 10302, 10303 Of 2011(Arising out of SLP(C) No.13932, 13984, 13988 of 2011). Case: 1. Ketan V. Parekh, 2. Kartik K. Parekh, 3. Panther Fincap and Management Services Ltd. Vs Special Director, Directorate of Enforcement and another. Supreme Court
2. In these appeals prayer has been made for setting aside the order of the Division Bench of the Bombay High Court whereby the applications filed by the appellants for condonation of delay in filing appeals under Section 35 of the Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999 (for short, `the Act') were...
- Civil Appeal Nos. 6933-6934 and 4411-4412 of 2002. Case: 1. Mohd. Laiquiddin and Anr., 2. Smt. Kamala Devi Misra (Dead) by L.Rs. and Ors. Vs 1. Kamala Devi Misra (Dead) by L.Rs. and Ors., 2. Mohd. Laiquiddin Khan and Anr.. Supreme Court
1. These four appeals are directed against the judgment and order dated 9th of April, 2002 passed in second appeal Nos. 1048 & 1050 of 2001 of the High Court of Andhra Pradesh at Hyderabad, by which the High Court had partly allowed the appeals and modified the order dated 17th of October, 2001 ...
- Civil Appeal Nos. 1345-1346 of 2009 & With Civil Appeal Nos. 1347-1348 of 2009. Case: 1. Oriental Insurance Company Ltd., 2. Surendra Nath Loomba Vs 1. Surendra Nath Loomba and Others, 2. Oriental Insurance Company Ltd. & ors.. Supreme Court
1. In the present batch of appeals, two preferred by the Oriental Insurance Company Limited and two preferred by claimant, the assail is to the common judgment passed by the High Court of Uttarakhand at Nainital in A.O. No. 201 of 2003 and A.O. No. 284 of 2003 wherein the award dated 19.5.2003...
- Special Leave Petition (C) No.3009 Of 2009 [Along With The Record Of Slp(C) No. 25083/2009] With Special Leave Petition (C) Nos. 3029-3031 Of 2009, Special Leave Petition (C) No. 30579 Of 2009. Case: 1. Rajesh Kagra & Ors., 2. Sanjay Khande & Ors., 3. R.L. Bhartiya Vs State Of M.P. & Ors.. Supreme Court
1. Special Leave Petition(C) No. 3009 of 2009 has been preferred against the order dated 31st July, 2008 passed in Writ Appeal No. 383 of 2008. In Special Leave Petition (C) Nos. 3029-3031 of 2009, petitioners assail the order dated 31st July, 2008 passed by the Madhya Pradesh High Court in Writ...