- Civil Appeal (689)
- Criminal Appeal (394)
- Writ Petition (Civil) (50)
- Special Leave Petition (Civil) (40)
- Interlocutory Application (30)
- Writ Petition (Criminal) (30)
- Special Leave Petition (Criminal) (11)
- Criminal Miscellaneous Petition (10)
- Review petition (Civil) (7)
- Contempt Petition (Civil) (5)
- Arbitration Petition (4)
- Original Suit (3)
- Petition for Special Leave to Appeal (Civil) (3)
- Transfer Petition (Civil) (3)
- Transfer Petition (Criminal) (3)
- Contempt Petition (Criminal) (2)
- Review petition (Criminal) (2)
- Suo Motu Contempt Petition (1)
- Writ Petition (1)
- Special Leave Petition (1)
- Contempt Petition (1)
- Suo Motu Contempt Petition (Criminal) (1)
- Civil Appeal No. 1727 of 2016. Case: Nidhi Kaim and another Vs State of Madhya Pradesh and others. Supreme Court
2. Orders were passed by the Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board (hereinafter referred to as, ''Vyapam''), cancelling the results of the appellants, of their professional MBBS course, on the ground that the appellants had gained admission to the course, by resorting to unfair means, during the Pre-Medical Test. These orders were passed, w...
- Civil Appeal No.2342 of 2017, (arising Out of SLP(C)No. 21587 of 2014). Case: Executive Officer, Arulmigu Chokkanatha Swamy Koil Trust Virudhunagar Vs Chandran & Ors.. Supreme Court
2. The defendant has filed this appeal against judgment of the Madurai Bench of Madras High Court dated 22.01.2013, by which judgment the High Court while reversing the judgment of trial court and First Appellate Court, has decreed the suit of the plaintiff. 3. The brief facts of the case are: The Respondent No. 1, who shall be hereinafter refe...
- Civil Appeal No. 1305-06 of 2017. Case: Durga Prasad Vs Narayan Ramchandaani (D) Thr. Lrs.. Supreme Court
1. These appeals arise from the judgment of the High Court of Uttarakhand at Nainital in Writ Petition(MS) No. 2729 of 2014 dated 09.03.2015 dismissing the writ petition and also the review petition, thereby affirming the findings of Additional District and Sessions Judge-VII, Dehradun that the appellant is an unauthorized occupant in suit premises...
- Civil Appeal No. 1008 of 2017, [Arising Out of Special Leave Petition (C) No.19117 of 2013]. Case: Nidhi Vs Ram Kripal Sharma (D) Through Lrs.. Supreme Court
1. This appeal by way of special leave is preferred against the order dated 23.01.2013 passed by the High Court of Judicature at Allahabad in Writ Appeal No.19835 of 2003, wherein the High Court affirmed the order passed by Additional District Judge, Moradabad, thereby setting aside release order dated 29.10.1991 passed by the Prescribed Authority.
- Civil Appeal No.1546 of 2017, (Arising out of SLP (C) No.23890/2014). Case: Vijay Kumar Ahluwalia & Ors. Vs Bishan Chand Maheshwari & Anr.. Supreme Court
2. This appeal is filed against the final judgment and order dated 04.08.2014 passed by the High Court of Delhi at New Delhi in RCR No. 76 of 2013 whereby the High Court dismissed the revision filed by the appellants herein against the judgment dated 13.08.2012 of the Additional Rent Controller, Delhi by which the leave to contest the application f...
- Civil Appeal No. 1362 of 2017, (arising out of SLP(C)No. 25529 of 2014). Case: MGR Industries Association and Anr. Vs State of U.P. and Ors.. Supreme Court
2. This appeal has been filed against the judgment and order dated 17th July, 2014 of High Court of Judicature at Allahabad by which judgment Civil Misc.Writ (Tax) No.447 of 2014 filed by the appellants has been dismissed. 3. The brief facts of the case are: Appellant No.1 is an Industries Association registered under the Societies Registration...
- Civil Appeal No. 491 of 2007. Case: Pukhrajmal Sagarmal Lunkad (D) through his L.Rs. and others etc. Vs The Municipal Council, Jalgaon and others. Supreme Court
1. This appeal is directed against judgment and order dated 23.12.2004, passed by the High Court of Judicature of Bombay, Bench at Aurangabad, whereby said Court has dismissed the Writ Petition No. 1924 of 1992. And for the reasons given in the said order, the other two Writ Petition Nos. 1925 of 1992 and 1228 of 2001 were also dismissed. 2. In t...
- Criminal Appeal No. 216, 217 of 2017, (arising out of SLP(Crl.) No. 3996, 3998 of 2011). Case: State of Rajasthan Vs Fatehkaran Mehdu. Supreme Court
2. These two appeals have been filed against the common judgment dated 16.11.2010 of the High Court of Judicature for Rajasthan at Jodhpur allowing S.B. Criminal Revision Petition No. 592/2009 Fatehkaran Mehdu versus State of Rajasthan and S.B. Criminal Revision Petition No. 598/2009 Kishan Singh Rawat versus State of Rajasthan. The High Court vide...
- Civil Appeal Nos. 4822-4826, 4827 of 2007. Case: P. Sivanandi Vs 1. Rajeev Kumar & Ors., 2. The State of Tamil Nadu & Ors.. Supreme Court
1. These appeals raise a narrow question for consideration, namely, whether the Annual Confidential Report (ACR) of an officer forms a part of his ''service record'' and whether it could be ignored for the purposes of his promotion merely on the ground that it was written after some delay. In our opinion, the ACR of an officer forms a part of his s...
- Civil Appeal Nos. 1784-1787, 4342-4345 of 2004. Case: Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Vs M/s. Aban Loyd Chiles Offshore Ltd. & Ors.. Supreme Court
1. The present appeals have been preferred against the judgment and order dated 30th June, 2003 passed by the Customs, Excise and Service Tax Appellate Tribunal (for short, "the tribunal") in Application Nos. C/MA (Ors.) 945/01-Mum in C/716, 781, 782, 814/01-Mum by the revenue as well as the assessee as both are aggrieved in respect of certain conc...
- Criminal Appeal No. 854 of 2004, Criminal Appeal No. 1411 of 2010, Arising out of SLP (Crl.) No. 4389 of 2004. Case: 1. Amar Singh, 2. State of Rajasthan Vs 1. State of Rajasthan, 2. Jagdish and Anr.. Supreme Court
2. The facts very briefly are that on 05.05.1992 Santosh (the deceased) was married to the appellant and on 08.03.1993 she was found dead in her in-laws house. On the same day, a written report was lodged with the police at the Shivaji Park Police Station at Alwar, by the uncle of the appellant,...
- Civil Appeal No. 8452 of 2009 (Arising Out of SLP(C) No. 1982 of 2007) With Civil Appeal No. 8453 of 2009 (Arising Out of SLP(C) No. 3624 of 2007) With SLP(C).... CC No. 4065 of 2007 With SLP(C).... CC No. 4046 of 2007 With Civil Appeal Nos. 8454-8455 of 2009 (Arising Out of SLP(C) Nos. 13462-13463 of 2007) With Civil Appeal No. 8457 of 2009 (.... Case: 1. Bhuwalka Steel Indus. Limited, 2. Century Textiles and Industries Limited, 3. Steel Re-Rollers Association of Maharashtra, 4. Kamgar Utkarsha Sabha, 5. Raymond Limited, 6. Kalyan Ambernath Manufacturing Association and Others, 7. Valiant Glass Works Private Limited Vs 1. Bombay Iron and Steel Labour Board and Another, 2. Grocery Markets and Others, 3. Bhuwalka Steel Industries Limited and Others, 4. Cloth Market and Shops Board and Others, 5. State of Maharashtra and Others. Supreme Court
1. This judgment will dispose of SLP (Civil) No. 1982 of 2007, SLP (Civil) No. 3624 of 2007, SLP (Civil).... CC No. 4065 of 2007, SLP (Civil).... CC No. 4046 of 2007, SLP (Civil) Nos. 13462-13463 of 2007, SLP (Civil) No. 20206 of 2007, and SLP (Civil) No. 9600 of 2008. 2. Leave granted in SLP (C...
- Interlocutory Application Nos. 5 and 6 of 2012 and Civil Appeal Nos. 281-282 of 2012. Case: 1. Cine Exhibition Pvt. Ltd., 2. Collector, District Gwalior and another Vs 1. Collector, District Gwalior and others, (In Civil Appeal Nos.281-282 of 2012), 2. Cine Exhibition Pvt. Ltd. & Another. Supreme Court
1. These applications have been preferred under Order XVIII Rule 5 of the Supreme Court Rules, 1966 (for short ''the Rules) against the order of the Registrar dated 28.8.2012, alleging that the applications under Order XVIII Rule 5 of the Rules lodging the applications for clarification/modification...
- Criminal Appeal No. 1026 of 2008 With Criminal Appeal No. 1025 of 2008. Case: 1. Dilip Premnarayan Tiwari and Another, 2. Sunil Ramashray Yadav Vs State of Maharashtra. Supreme Court
1. This judgment will dispose of two appeals, they being Criminal Appeal No.1026 of 2008, filed on behalf of the appellant accused Dilip Premnarayan Tiwari and Manoj Paswan, as also Criminal Appeal No.1025 of 2008 filed by Sunil Ramashray Yadav. Their appeals against their convictions by the...
- Interlocutory Application No. 86 of 2014 in Writ Petition (C) No. 435 of 2012. Case: 1. Goa Foundation, 2. In Re: Bandekar Brothers Private Limited Vs Union of India (UOI). Supreme Court
1. Through the instant interlocutory application, the applicant-M/s. Bandekar Brothers Private Limited has prayed for a direction to the concerned authorities for restraining them from auctioning the mined mineral ore produced by the applicant prior to 22.11.2007, through e-auction. This prayer is...
- Civil Appeal No. 2147 of 2010 and Civil Appeal No. 425 of 2012. Case: 1. Jatya Pal Singh and Ors., 2. Vijay Thakur Vs 1. Union of India (UOI) and Ors., [Alongwith Civil Appeal No. 3933 of 2013 (Arising out of S.L.P. (C) No. 4619 of 2011), Writ Petition (C) No. 689 of 2007 and Civil Appeal No. 5740 of 2012], 2. VSNL and Anr.. Supreme Court
3. Writ Petition No. 2139 of 2007 titled as Mahant Pal Singh v. Union of India dismissed in limine by the Division Bench on 7th September, 2009. Civil Appeal No. 3933 of 2013 @ Special Leave Petition (C) No. 4619 of 2011 titled as M.P. Singh v. Union of India and Ors. has been filed challenging the ...
- Civil Appeal No. ... of 2013 (D. No. 7309/2013) and Civil Appeal No. ... of 2013 (D. No. 12116/2013). Case: 1. Maharashtra State Pollution Control Board and Anr., 2. Shailesh Navekar and Ors. Vs 1. Shailesh Navekar and Ors., 2. State of Maharashtra and Ors.. Supreme Court
2. After hearing learned Counsel for the parties to the lis and having perused the records of the case, we are of the opinion that the Civil Appeal, being devoid of any merit, deserves to be dismissed and is dismissed accordingly. 3. However, all the contentions raised by the learned Counsel qua...
- Criminal Appeal Nos. 455 and 457 of 2004. Case: 1. Murugan @ Settu, 2. Siva S/o Annappan Vs 1. State of Tamil Nadu ., [Alongwith Criminal Appeal No. 456 of 2004], 2. State rep. by Inspector of Police, Tamil Nadu. Supreme Court
1. All the three appeals have been preferred against the common judgment and order dated 14.7.2003 passed by the High Court of Judicature at Madras in Criminal Appeal Nos. 981 and 986 of 2002, by which the High Court had disposed of the said appeals preferred by the Appellants against the judgment...
- Civil Appeal Nos. 6900-6906 and 6907-6946 of 2001. Case: 1. Pinninti Kistamma and Ors., 2. Duvvada Parsuram Chowdary and Ors. Vs 1. Duvvada Parsuram Chowdary and Ors., 2. Pinninti Kistamma and Ors.. Supreme Court
1. These two batches of appeals are directed against the judgment and decree dated 27th of March, 1997 passed by the High Court of Andhra Pradesh at Hyderabad in Second Appeal Nos. 361 of 1996 & batch and Second Appeal Nos. 374 of 1996 & batch and also against the judgment and order dated...
- Civil Appeal No.5160 of 2013, (Arising out of S.L.P. (C) No.354 of 2012). Case: 1. Ramanlal Deochand Shah, 2. Kantilal Manikchand Shah, (since deceased by his L.Rs.) Vs 1. The State of Maharashtra & Anr., (With Civil Appeal No.5161 of 2013 (Arising out of S.L.P. (C) No.395 of 2012)), 2. The State of Maharashtra & Anr.. Supreme Court
2. These appeals arise out of two separate but similar orders dated 14th June, 2011 and 16th March, 2011 passed by the High Court of Judicature at Bombay whereby First Appeal Nos.179 of 1992 and 751 of 1992 filed by the respondent-State of Maharashtra have been allowed and the judgment and order...