- Publication date:
- Gambling Laws in India (262)
- Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas (194)
- Fox Rothschild LLP (26)
- Squire Patton Boggs (18)
- Greenberg Traurig, LLP (17)
- Walker & O'Neill, P.A. (17)
- Covington & Burling LLP (16)
- Howard M. Friedman (16)
- Hogan Lovells (15)
- Hunton Andrews Kurth LLP (15)
- Kevin LaCroix (13)
- Kirk Hartley (11)
- Husch Blackwell LLP (9)
- Baker & Hostetler LLP (8)
- Reed Smith LLP (8)
- Proskauer Rose LLP (8)
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP (8)
- Marler Clark LLP, PS (7)
- Michael H. Cohen (6)
- LexBlog (6)
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP (5)
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP (5)
- 3 Geeks (5)
- Jackson Lewis P.C. (5)
- Norton Rose Fulbright (4)
- National Whistleblower Legal Defense (4)
- Market Intelligence LLC (4)
- Bayside Advisors (4)
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP (4)
- DLA Piper (3)
- Crowell & Moring LLP (3)
- Latham & Watkins LLP (3)
- McGuireWoods LLP (3)
- Ballard Spahr LLP (2)
- University of Ottawa (2)
- Tucker Arensberg, PC (2)
- Essential Patent LLC (2)
- Edward Poll & Associates (2)
- R. David Donoghue (2)
- Wiley Rein LLP (2)
- Viking Advocates, LLC (2)
- Fred L. Abrams, Attorney At Law (2)
- Harris Bricken (2)
- Thompson Hine LLP (2)
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP (2)
- Barry Barnett, Esq. (2)
- Stoel Rives LLP (2)
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP (2)
- Todd Lebowitz (2)
- McDermott Will & Emery (1)
- Andar Bahar Game – How to Play, Top Online Platforms
Andar Bahar is a popular casino game in India. It is now available on various online casinos and gaming platforms, as well. It originated in the South Indian city of Bangalore (Bengaluru) many centuries ago but is now popular across India. What is Andar Bahar game? Andar Bahar, also known as Katti, is a betting...
- Suits Against Foreign State Corporations – Is Sovereign Immunity Commercially Viable?
Background In India, the concept of sovereign immunity or crown immunity as available to foreign states/rulers, is governed by Section 86 of the Code of Civil Procedure, 1908 (“CPC”). The legal doctrine essentially states that the sovereign or a foreign state cannot commit a legal wrong and is immune from a civil suit or criminal prosecution. The doctrine is based on the legal...
- Delta Corp, Pride Group Contribute Rs. 51 lakhs each for Goa’s Fight Against COVID-19
Goa’s leading casino operators, Delta Corp (Deltin Group) and Pride Casino Group have contributed Rs. 51 lakhs each to the Goa Chief Minister’s Relief Fund to support the state government’s fight against COVID-19. Delta Corp’s President-Operations Anil Malani and Pride Group’s Managing Director Shrinivas Nayak handed over cheques of Rs. 51 lakhs each to Chief...
- MS Dhoni is PokerStars India’s New Brand Ambassador
PokerStars India has signed former captain of the Indian cricket team, Mahendra Singh Dhoni (MS Dhoni), as its new brand ambassador, as announced on the brand’s facebook page. The announcement of the endorsement deal was delayed due to COVID-19’s impact on the world and postponement of the Indian Premier League (IPL) and other sports events....
- G20 Trade Ministers Agree that Responses to COVID-19 Should Comply with WTO Rules
On Monday, March 30, 2020, trade ministers of the G20 countries issued a joint statement stating that any emergency measures taken in response to the coronavirus pandemic must be temporary and consistent with World Trade Organization (WTO) rules. Several governments, including India and Germany, have already implemented export restrictions on medical supplies, and there are...
- India’s Finance Act 2020, COVID–19 & HNIs: An Update
The Finance Bill, 2020 (“Bill”) was presented as the Union Budget on February 1, 2020 (“Budget”) and then introduced in the Lower House of Parliament (Lok Sabha) – it was finally passed on March 23, 2020 with certain key amendments (“Amendment”). Interestingly, this was passed without any discussions in Parliament and received the presidential assent...
- Poker Sports League Cancels Offline Qualifiers Due to COVID-19 Outbreak
Due to the outbreak of COVID-19 in the world and surging cases in India, Dabur Group Chairman Amit Burman-promoted Poker Sports League (PSL) has cancelled its offline qualifier games that were scheduled to be held across New Delhi, Bangalore, Mumbai and Kolkata from 18th January to 5th April, 2020. As digital games are unaffected by...
- SC Issues Notice, Stays Bombay HC Order in Dream11 Betting & GST Evasion Case
A three-judge bench of the Supreme Court, comprising of Chief Justice SA Bobde and Justices BR Gavai and Surya Kant issued notice to Dream11, Union of India and social activist Gurdeep Singh Sachar in an appeal filed by the state of Maharashtra as per a report in ETPrime today. While hearing the Special Leave Petition...
- FICCI-EY Report Claims Online Gaming to Grow at 40% CAGR, Reach Rs. 18,000 Crores in 2022
A 2020 report on India’s Media & Entertainment Sector titled ‘The era of consumer A.R.T. – Acquisition Retention and Transaction,’ released by the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) and consulting firm Ernst & Young (EY) claims that online gaming grew at a rapid 40% growth rate in the year 2020 and...
- Delta Corp Approves Rs.125 Crore Share Buy-Back Plan
The Board of Directors of Delta Corp Limited has approved a plan to buy-back shares of the company as per a regulatory filing by the company. As per the company’s update to the stock exchanges, the board of directors at the company meeting held on 28th March, 2020 approved a proposal to buy-back upto 1.25...
- All Request Tuesday – What’s The Mother Teresa Story?
A parable of sorts....
- The Chinese Are Coming, Part XV — India Says It’s So
For all the many posts we have done on how Chinese companies are expanding worldwide (this is, after all, part 15 of the series), I still doubt there are more than a handful of Chinese companies capable of breaking into Western consumer or high end business markets. Fairly recently, my...
- On India trip, lawyers find it’s a small world
Richard and Carolyn Pena, left, and Indian tour guide A delegation of U.S. lawyers returned from India last month with a simple but important lesson: lawyers everywhere share a common bond, and that’s a passion to protect and defend the Rule of Law, sometimes during very difficult circumstances....
- Royal Caribbean “Dowry Death” Case Update
The sad case of Neha Chhikara who jumped from the Royal Caribbean cruise on December 31, 2009 continues to receive widespread attention in India. Her friends have expressed condolences to the Chhikara family for her untimely death. Newspapers in India are now reporting that the family of the...
- Competing With Your Advisors
Thomson Reuters recently announced that it was buying legal process outsourcing provider Pangea3 for a price that has been estimated at between $35 and $40 million. At the same time, Thomson put up for sale BAR-BRI, the bar exam training and preparation company it purchased several years ago. And...
- Outsource — or Not?
Outsourcing jobs typically pay better than temp work — and certainly better than no work at all. This is the message of a recent article. The legal profession is developing its own caste system. We all understand some of the differences, or castes: Big Law vs. Small Law Sole practitioner vs. Large...
- Global Asbestos Claiming – Meetings in India for Victim’s Rights Groups – New Posts to YouTube and Websites
The global asbestos claiming industry remains hard at work. Here and here are recent promotion posts from the Asbestos Disease Awareness Organization. The pieces include YouTube videos about victim’s rights conferences in India. ...
- Voice of India Echoes in California
Pickman v. American Express Co., 2012 WL 258842 (N.D. Cal. Jan. 27, 2012) While concluding that it had subject matter jurisdiction over the plaintiff’s CLRA class action, a District Court in California held that under CLRA, a plaintiff cannot sue as an attorney general on behalf of the California...
- L-1B Spécialité Horrifique: The Immigration War on the Consulting Industry (And Its Customers)
Last week, the American Council on International Personnel (ACIP) convened its 40th annual symposium in Pentagon City VA, just outside Washington DC, an event attended by scores of immigration managers and corporate counsel hailing from Fortune 500 and Forbes 100 companies. A week earlier, on the...
- Interview Waiver Program (IWP) Expanded in India
The Visa Interview Waiver Program (IWP) has been expanded to include more categories of eligible applicants....