- Publication date:
- Gambling Laws in India (240)
- Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas (188)
- Fox Rothschild LLP (25)
- Squire Patton Boggs (18)
- Greenberg Traurig, LLP (17)
- Walker & O'Neill, P.A. (17)
- Covington & Burling LLP (16)
- Hogan Lovells (15)
- Hunton Andrews Kurth LLP (15)
- Howard M. Friedman (14)
- Kevin LaCroix (13)
- Kirk Hartley (11)
- Husch Blackwell LLP (9)
- Reed Smith LLP (8)
- Proskauer Rose LLP (8)
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP (8)
- Marler Clark LLP, PS (7)
- Michael H. Cohen (6)
- LexBlog (6)
- Baker & Hostetler LLP (5)
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP (5)
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP (5)
- 3 Geeks (5)
- Jackson Lewis P.C. (5)
- Norton Rose Fulbright (4)
- National Whistleblower Legal Defense (4)
- Market Intelligence LLC (4)
- Bayside Advisors (4)
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP (4)
- DLA Piper (3)
- Crowell & Moring LLP (3)
- Latham & Watkins LLP (3)
- McGuireWoods LLP (3)
- Ballard Spahr LLP (2)
- University of Ottawa (2)
- Tucker Arensberg, PC (2)
- Essential Patent LLC (2)
- Edward Poll & Associates (2)
- R. David Donoghue (2)
- Wiley Rein LLP (2)
- Viking Advocates, LLC (2)
- Fred L. Abrams, Attorney At Law (2)
- Harris Bricken (2)
- Thompson Hine LLP (2)
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP (2)
- Barry Barnett, Esq. (2)
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP (2)
- Todd Lebowitz (2)
- McDermott Will & Emery (1)
- Thomas O. Gorman (1)
- Will Karnataka’s Tourism Department Allow Casinos in the State?
The Tourism Department of Karnataka is considering opening casinos in the state to boost tourism and generate revenue for the state. The state expects to attract international tourists through its Vegas-inspired gambling haven. As per a recent report in Deccan Herald, the state’s Tourism Minister C T Ravi spoke about various aspects of this project...
- Puducherry Casino Proposal Referred to Home Ministry by Kiran Bedi
Union Territory (UT) Puducherry’s Lieutenant Governor (LG) Kiran Bedi has sought opinion of the central Home Ministry on the proposal of the UT’s Congress government to open casinos in the area to generate revenues for the territory. Chief Minister of the Union Territory (UT) of Puducherry, V. Narayanasamy has been, since 2016, mooting the idea...
- MyTeam11 Launches SportsTiger App for Sports On the Go
MyTeam11, a Jaipur-based fantasy sports platform, announced the launch of SportsTiger, a multi sports aggregator app. The app will help users stay informed about the latest happenings in the world of sports like cricket, football, and tennis. It will cover international, T20-league and domestic matches. The app is targeted at young consumers of sports content....
- ‘BUY NOW’ or ‘REMOVE FROM CART’? – Delhi HC allows e-commerce platforms to list products of direct selling entities without their consent
E-commerce websites such as Amazon, Flipkart, Snapdeal and 1MG (“Online Platforms”) can now breathe a sigh of relief. The Division Bench of the Delhi High Court (‘Division Bench’), in a recent judgment in Amazon Seller Services Pvt. Ltd. v. Amway India Enterprises Pvt. Ltd. & Others, allowed e-commerce websites/ platforms/ mobile applications to list products...
- The Weekly Hill Update
Below is the Federal Policy team’s weekly preview, posted when Congress is in session. HEADLINES • Returning from a one-week recess, the House plans to take up legislation to address vaping, and the Senate will focus on nominations and abortion-related legislation. • President Donald Trump is in India visiting Prime Minister Narendra Modi. • Moderate...
- Ninth On-shore Casino Gets Nod from Goan Government
The state government of Goa has given a nod to open another onshore casino in the state. As per the sources of Times of India in the Home department of Goa, this will be the ninth licensed onshore casino in the state. The said casino will occupy 300 square mt. in a five-star hotel at...
- MPL Adds World Cricket Championship Rivals to Its Platform Ahead of IPL
Mobile Premier League (MPL), a real-money skill gaming and esports platform, has added World Cricket Championship (WCC) Rivals game to its collection of crickets games, just in time for the upcoming Indian Premier League (IPL) 2020. MPL now hosts five cricket games including fantasy, cricket prediction and other skill-based games. WCC Rivals is a skill-based...
- Rajasthan HC Reiterates that Dream11 is a Game of Skill
A division bench of the Rajasthan High Court in an order given last week, reiterated the earlier pronouncements of the Punjab & Haryana and Bombay High Courts that ruled fantasy sports to be games of skill and consequently falling outside the ambit of gambling/betting legislations. The division bench comprising of Chief Justice Indrajit Mohanty and...
- Deltin Inaugurates Its First International Casino at Marriott Hotel in Kathmandu
Delta Corp Limited has expanded its presence beyond Indian borders by recently launching its first international casino at the Marriott Hotel in Kathmandu, Nepal. The casino has been launched as part of an agreement between the Deltin Group and Everest Hospitality and Hotel Pvt. Ltd. Delta Corp, through an announcement to the stock exchanges, last...
- Raj Kundra’s Viaan Industries Starts Controversial Real Money Housie App
Controversial British businessman and Viaan Industries Limited’s Chairman, Raj Kundra has recently launched Housie Quiz, a real money, online housie and quiz game app. The game has been produced by Viaan Industries for Android and iOS. Housie or Tambola is a popular game among Indian households. However, success in this game involves little skill and...
- Law firms outsource case work overseas
Venable, Arnold & Porter and Howrey are among the large firms outsourcing case work to India and other countries, The Washington Times reports....
- Fed rate cuts may empower other economies
Financial regulators of Asian nations may be mirror the recent Fed cuts, and overseas investors are anticipating possible gains. In India, for example, there is speculation that the Fed cut could inspire a similar move locally: The Reserve Bank of India’s quarterly monetary policy review, due on...
- India, China, and the Doha Round 印度、中国及多哈会谈
中文请点击这里 Senior trade officials are meeting in Geneva the week of September 14, 2009 following a meeting of 35 WTO member countries in New Delhi on September 3 and 4, 2009. The September 3 and 4 meetings demonstrated a willingness of member countries to re-engage in the negotiations that have been...
- Update On Death of Royal Caribbean Crew Member Neha Chhikara
A newspaper in India is reporting that there are developments in the sad case of Neha Chhikara, who died after going overboard from the Royal Caribbean cruise ship Monarch of the Seas on New Year’s Eve. Ms. Chhikara was sailing aboard the cruise ship with her husband, Ankit Dalal, who is described ...
- Turmeric Recalled in British Columbia, Alberta
A Vancouver, B.C. importer is recalling turmeric powder and with the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is warning the public not to consume it because it may be contaminated with Salmonella. Gagan Foods International Ltd. says the affected product, Gagan brand Turmeric (Haldi) Powder, product ...
- Indian Anticorruption Ombudsman
The Lokpal Bill, 2011 (PDF/541KB/40 pages), has today been introduced to the Lok Sabha (House of the People), the lower house of the Parliament of India. Its remit is to develop effective anti-corruption and grievance redressal systems so that an effective deterrent is created against corruption...
- Crewmember Overboard From Royal Caribean’s Monarch of the Seas Cruise Ship
We have been contacted by several different individuals today inquiring into the facts and circumstances surrounding a crewmember going overboard from the Monarch of the Seas cruise ship. We are informed that the overboard involved a crewmember from India. No other information is known at this...
- Tuna Imported from India as Source of Salmonella Bareilly Outbreak
Earlier Salmonella tuna outbreaks also appear to be related to imports too. According to the April 20, 2012 Investigation Update by the FDA, frozen, raw yellowfin tuna product from India, labeled as Nakaochi Scrape AA or AAA (AA and AAA refer to the grade of the tuna) as the likely source of the...
- Warrant Issued for Manhattan Antiquities Dealer
On July 26 federal investigators seized more than $20 million worth of Asian antiquities from Manhattan dealer and gallery owner Subhash Kapoor, who they suspect has been importing looted antiquities from India for several years. The Manhattan district attorney’s office issued a warrant for Kapoor’...
- Certain H-1B, L-1, F, J Visa Holders Eligible for Waiver of Interview at U.S. Consulates in India
In an effort to streamline the visa renewal process, the U.S. Consulates in India, some of the busiest U.S. visa application posts in the world, have been granting visa interview waivers to certain B-1/B-2, H-4, and L-2 visa applicants. To further streamline the process, these Consulates will now...