rent restriction act punjab
3. Power to extend to cantonments laws relating to control of rents and regulation of house accommodation.- 1*[(1)] The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, extend to any cantonment with such restrictions and modifications as it thinks fit, any enactment relating to the control of rent and regulation of house accommodation which is in force 2*** in the State in which the cantonment is situated:
Provided that nothing contained in any enactment so extended shall apply to--
(a) any premises within the cantonment belonging to the Government;
(b) any tenancy or other line relationship created by a group the Government in respect of premises within the cantonment taken on lease or requisitioned by the Government; or (c) any house within the cantonment which is, or may...
...Haryana and Punjab by the East Punjab Urban Rent Restriction Act, ...
... now be able to recover possession of their rented premises while not in the state with the state ...A few years ago I visited Punjab and met the chief minister there who brought to y notice the East Punjab Rent Restriction (Amendment) Act which was implemented there and ...
4. Charge of income-tax 1 (1)Where any Central Act enacts that income-tax shall be charged for any assessment year at any rate or rates, income-tax at that rate or those rates shall be charged for that year in accordance with, and 2[subject to the provisions (including provisions for the levy of additional income-tax) of, this Act] in respect of the total income of the previous year * *] of every person:
Provided that where by virtue of any provision of this Act income-tax is to be charged in respect of the income of a period other than the previous year, income-tax shall be charged accordingly.
(2)In respect of income chargeable under sub-section (1), income-
tax shall be deducted at the source or paid in advance, where it is so deductible or payable under any provision of this Act.
...(a) any rent or revenue derived from land which is situated in ..., and subject to such conditions, restrictions or limitations as may be specified therein,-. (a) ...1-4-1989. 2 Substituted by the Punjab Reorganisation and Delhi High Court (Adaptation ...
... wake of the Supreme Court striking down the Rent Act notification issued by the UT Administration. ... will have to be filed under East Punjab Urban Rent Restriction Act (EPURRA). "Originally ...
... Centre regarding the extension of the East Punjab Urban Rent Restriction (Amendment) Act, 2001. An ...
(3) "budget-grant" means the total sum entered on the expenditure side of a budget estimate under a major head and adopted by the Council and includes any sum by which such budget-grant may be increased or reduced by transfer from or to other heads in accordance with the provisions of this Act and the regulations made thereunder;
(4) "building" means a house, out-house, stable, latrine, urinal, shed, hut, wall (other than a boundary wall) or any other structure, whether of masonry, bricks, wood, mud, metal or other material but does not include any portable shelter;
(5) "bye-law" means a bye-law made under this Act, by notification in the Official Gazette;
(6) "casual vacancy" means a vacancy occurring otherwise than by efflux of time in the office of a member of the Council;
... paying or is liable to pay to the owner the rent or any portion of the rent of the land or ...35. Restriction on employment of permanent officers and other ... sub-section (3) of section 189 of the Punjab Municipal Act, 1911 (Punjab Act 3 of 1911) and in ...