jurisdiction of bombay city civil court
- Indian Police System. Need For Reforms
City Civil Court Gets More Power
...While all district courts across the state have unlimited jurisdiction, the civil court, so far, could only handle matters involving property valuing up to Rs. 50,000. ...1 crore. The Bombay City Civil Court Act, 1948, was enacted to establish the city civil court in Greater Mumbai, with ...
Cheque Dishonor SC Redefined Jurisdiction Of Courts
... confusion persists about the jurisdiction of courts on multi city cheques as the SC did not discuss or clarify its stance on such ... drawee of dishonored cheques and the contrary view of the Bombay High Court ("BHC") on dishonor of multi city cheques. 1. ...It held as follows:. 2.1 Applicability of civil law: The SC took the view that unlike civil law, the phrase cause ...
Appeal No. 326 of 2014 in Notice of Motion No. 1364 of 2013 in Suit No. 2578 of 2002. Case: Reckitt & Colman (Overseas) Limited Vs Ind Swift Limited. Bombay High Court
1. This appeal is directed against the order dated 12 June 2014 of the learned Trial Judge on the Appellant-Plaintiff's Notice of Motion No. 1364 of 2013 for restoration of the suit filed in the year 2002 for infringement of trademark and passing off. The suit came to be dismissed on 29 January 2013 on the ground that the Plaintiff had failed to fi...
... has held that it was unlikely that in their own jurisdiction in England the Plaintiff or, for that matter, any other litigant ...But even Section 35A of the Code of Civil Procedure, 1908 provides that maximum amount that should be ... in this Court, as the pecuniary jurisdiction of the Bombay City Civil Court was limited to Rs. 50,000/- only. The Act passed by ...
'May', 'Can' & 'Shall Have The Right' In Arbitration Clause The Legal Position Under The Arbitration Law Of India
... Pal Dalmia, Advocate, Supreme Court of India and Delhi High Court, Partner ... these presents, only courts in Bombay would have jurisdiction to try and ... need not necessarily go to the Civil Court by way of suit but can also go ... jurisdiction of the courts in city of Delhi.". The Hon'ble High Court ...
Civil Revision Application No. 960 of 2012. Case: Worli Adarsh Nagar Sagar Darshan Co-operative Housing Society Ltd. Vs Deepak Anaji Dhumale and Ors., [Alongwith Civil Revision Application No. 678 of 2012]. Bombay High Court
1. Admit, with the consent of the learned counsel appearing on behalf of the parties taken up for final hearing forthwith and heard. The revisionary jurisdiction of this Court under Section 115 of the Code of Civil Procedure is invoked against the order dated 23/07/2012 passed by the learned Judge of the City Civil Court, Greater Mumbai by which or...
Code of Civil Procedure, 1908 along with Commentary
... the laws relating to the procedure of the Courts of Civil Judicature. . whereas it is expedient to ..." means the local limits of the jurisdiction of a principal Civil Court of original ... in the towns of Calcutta, Madras and Bombay:. 2[Provided that--. (1) the High Courts of ..., Madras and Bombay the words "and in the City of Ahmedabad" shall be inserted. [Gujarat Act No. ...
- A New Direction for Institutional Reform in India. Bureacratic Failures, Judicial activism and alternatives for Institutional Reform
Writ Petition No. 3370 of 2013. Case: Nakhuda Mohd. Ali Rogay Vs Anzar Ahmed, Anwar Ahmed and M/s. Kitabi Traders. Bombay High Court
1. Rule. With the consent of the parties made returnable forthwith and heard. The Writ Jurisdiction of this Court is invoked against the order dated 15-4-2013 passed by the Trial Court i.e. the Learned Judge of the City Civil Court Greater Mumbai by which order, the application filed by the Respondent No. 3 herein for his impleadment in the Suit in...
Appeal No. 243 of 2012 in Chamber Summons No. 2125 of 2011 in Summary Suit No. 1450 of 2011 with Notice of Motion No. 1851 of 2012. Case: Gouri Prasad Goenka Vs Rabo India Finance Limited. Bombay High Court
1. In a Summary Suit instituted under Order XXXVII of the Code of Civil Procedure, 1908, leave was granted under Clause-XII of the Letters Patent. The Defendant, who is in appeal in these proceedings, has been sued on the basis of guarantees executed by him in favour of the Plaintiff in consideration of two facilities granted by the Plaintiff to a
First Appeal No. 1454 of 2003 and Writ Petition No. 2992 of 2011. Case: 1. Bhuwaneshwar Rajkishore Tripathi, 2. Nilkanth Nagar Co-op. Housing Society Vs 1. Nilkanth Nagar Co-op. Housing Society, 2. Bhuwaneshwar Rajkishore Tripathi and Ors.. Bombay High Court
1. The First Appeal No. 1454 of 2003 is against the judgment and order dated 15-07-2002 passed by the learned Judge, City Civil Court, Greater Mumbai in short cause civil Suit no. 5813 of 1996 whereby the suit was dismissed. The Petitioner in Writ Petition no. 2992 of 2011 have questioned the validity of the order dated 1st March 2011 passed by the...
- Labour Laws in India. - A INSIGHT IN TO THE LAWS
Bombay City Civil Court (Amendment) Bill, 2012
..."Provided that, the State Government may, from time to time, after consultation with the High Court, by notification in the Official Gazette, enhance the pecuniary jurisdiction of the City Court and correspondingly alter the pecuniary jurisdiction of the High Court.". 4. Amendment of section 4A of Bom. XL of 1948:- In section 4A of the principal Act,- . (a) for sub-section ...
- Arbitration and Conciliation Laws in India. Understanding their Evolution and Future Prospects
Appeal (L) No. 128 of 2013 in Chamber Summons (L) No. 139 of 2013 in Petition No. 799 of 2012 in Suit No. 40 of 2013. Case: Deccan Chronicle Holdings Ltd. Vs PIL Industries Ltd. & Ors., [Alongwith Appeal (L) No. 125 of 2013 in Chamber Summons (L) No. 140 of 2013 in Petition No. 801 of 2012 in Suit No. 41 of 2013]. Bombay High Court
1. Both the Appeals arise from a judgment and order of a learned Single Judge dated 4 February 2013 on Chamber Summons which were taken out by the Appellant for revoking the leave which was granted by the learned Single Judge under Clause 12 of the Letters Patent. Both the learned Counsel have urged before the court the facts of the first of the tw...
Notice of Motion No. 1085 of 2011 in S.C. Suit No. 2393 of 2001. Case: Asif Ahmedally Porbunderwalla Vs Mrs. Daulat Akbarali Porbunderwalla and Ors.. Bombay High Court
1. By this Notice of Motion, defendant no. 7 seeks rejection of plaint under Order VII Rule 11 of the Code of Civil Procedure, 1908 and also seeks that the suit be summarily dismissed as not maintainable. Defendant no. 7 also seeks in the alternative that the issue of limitation be framed and decided as a preliminary issue by this Court. Some of th...
- The Administrative Relations Between Union And The States. In India
- Labour Welfare in India. Labour Law
Ahmedabad City Courts Act, 1961
...Preamble. An Act to provide for the constitution of Civil and Criminal Courts for the City of Ahmedabad and for other ...3[(4) "Corporations Act" means the Bombay Provincial Municipal Corporations Act, 1949;]. (5) "High Court" ... anything contained in any law, such Court shall have jurisdiction to receive, try and dispose of all suits and other proceedings of ...
Chamber Summons No. 163 of 2009 in Suit No. 3513 of 2001. Case: Garware Marine Industries Limited Vs Integrated Finance Co. Ltd.. Bombay High Court
1. By this chamber summons filed by the defendant, it is prayed that the plaint in this suit be returned to the plaintiff for presentation in appropriate court at Chennai and in the alternative to reject the plaint on the ground that the suit is barred by law of limitation and that the plaint does not disclose cause of action for the reliefs claime...
Sunil Manohar Appointed Maharashtra Ag [Nagpur]
...He is the third person from city to assume the post. Coincidentally, the ... serving judge at Nagpur bench of Bombay High Court. The appointment is another ... cases like taking out of jurisdiction of city civil court from the original ...
The Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973
(a) to the State of Nagaland, (b) to the tribal areas, but the concerned State Government may, by notification, apply such provisions or any of them to the whole or part of the State of Nagaland or such tribal areas, as the case may be, with such supplemental, incidental or consequential modifications, as may be specified in the notification. Expla...
...(e) "High Court" means,-. (i) in relation to any State, ...(j) "local jurisdiction", in relation to a Court or Magistrate, ... any area in the State comprising a city or town whose population exceeds one ..., each of the Presidency towns of Bombay, Calcutta and Madras and the city of ..., functioning as a Judge in a Civil Court. [ See footnote 2 for this ...
- The Effects of Sharing Water between Bangladesh and India. A practical analysis and recommendations
Greater Bombay Laws and the Bombay High Court (Declaration of Limits) Act, 1945
...WHEREAS it is expedient to extend the limits of the City of Bombay by including therein some portion of the Bombay ... said High Court shall have and exercise ordinary original civil jurisdiction within such local limits as may from time to time be ...
Bombay Public Trusts Act, 1950
... in any Judgment, decree or order of any Court, any contribution to the Public Trusts ... (4) "Court" means in the Greater Bombay, the City Civil Court and elsewhere, the District Court; . ... of the trust is situate within his jurisdiction, . (iv) the names and addresses of the trustees ...