bar association calcutta high court
W.P. 1170 (W), 1172 (W) and 1181 (W) of 2011. Case: In Re: Bar Association High Court at Kolkata and Anr. Vs. Calcutta High Court
5. We find that in course of investigation the police has been able to arrest the suspects, namely Subhendu Mondal and Naba Gopal Sanki at the very first instance of the incident dated 7h January, 2011 at 20-15 hours after the first information report came to be registered in the case. Subsequently on 14th February, 2011 they have been able to arre...
W.P. No. 10365 (W) of 2005. Case: Dipankar Ghosh Vs Hon'Ble Chief Justice, High Court, Calcutta. Calcutta High Court
This writ petition has been moved by an advocate of this High Court at Calcutta who is a member of Bar Association, High Court, Calcutta, as a public interest litigation, on issue of applicability of the West Bengal Court Fees Act, 1970 to the Courts situated at Andaman & Nicobar Islands, which are under the jurisdiction of High Court at Calcut...
- Arbitration in India, England & Wales
- Computer Programme- An Intellectual Property. With reference to Protection and Challenges before India
W.P. No. 27645(W) of 2014. Case: District Civil Bar Association and Ors. Vs The State of West Bengal and Ors.. Calcutta High Court
1. In the present proceedings under Article 226 of the Constitution, the petitioners question the propriety of the decision of this High Court pursuant to which the powers exercised by the Sessions Judges in this State have been required to be exclusively exercised in respect of certain matters by the Additional Sessions Judges stationed at some su...
- Sexual Harassment and Law in India. Indian Perspective
Delhi High Court: CCI Has Inherent Powers To Review/Recall Its Orders
... 8 Aamir Khan Productions Private Limited v. Union of India MANU/MH.1025/2010. 9 Calcutta Discount Company Limited v. Income-Tax Officer AIR 1961 SC 372; R.R. Verma v. Union of India (1980) ... 13 K.K. Velusamy vs. N. Palanisamy : (2011) 11 SCC 275. 14 Madras Bar Association vs Union of India: (2014) 10 SCC 1. 15 State of Haryana vs Bhajan Lal 1992 Supp (1) SCC 335. 16 ...
CRLCP 8, 9, 10 and 11 of 2008. Case: The Court on its own Motion Vs Sri Biman Bose and 2 Ors.. Calcutta High Court
1. All these Suo Motu Rules of Criminal Contempt issued by a Division Bench of this Court presided over by the then Chief Justice were heard analogously as the points involved in these Rules are substantially the same. 2. The facts giving rise to issue of these Suo Motu Rules of criminal contempt and the subsequent proceedings till the matters app...
W.P. No. 570 of 2009. Case: City Kerosene Supply Agency & Anr. Vs The State of West Bengal & Ors.. Calcutta High Court
1. The Petitioner No. 1 is a Partnership firm and the Petitioner No. 2 is its partner. They have been carrying on business as Agents of M/s. Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd. According to the Petitioners, they were granted a licence issued by the authorities under para-5 of the West Bengal Kerosene Control Order, 1968. A licence issued as such,
...Dt. 17.6.04. Memo No. CS/K.Oil/AGT/BKP/Pt/18/98/416. To. Sri Subhasis Sarkar (Advocate). Bar Association, Room No. 1,. High Court, Calcutta. Ref: His letter dt. April 26, 2004 regarding the order dated 23.03.2004 passed in W.P. No. 1781 of 2003 by Hon'ble Justice Bhaskar Bhattacharjee. With reference to ...
W.P. No. 12163 (w) of 2013, CAN Nos. 4735, 5092 and 5093 of 2013 and W.P. No. 12974 (W) of 2013. Case: 1. Basabi Rai Chowdhury, 2. Narendra Prasad Gupta Vs 1. Union of India & Ors., [Alongwith W.P. No. 12197 (W) of 2013], 2. The State of West Bengal & Ors.. Calcutta High Court
1. Whoever comes in contact with the present case and the facts involved, would definitely agree, the situation is disastrous. The magnitude of the problem is huge, unless steps taken, it would be an economic disaster. It has social impact too, hence the disaster may extend to the society as well, particularly in Eastern India where the problem has...
...The Apex Court however framed the term of reference to CBI in paragraph 19 of the said decision. 45. The case of Bar Association High Court Calcutta -VS- State of West Bengal reported in 2011 2 CHCN (Cal) Page-442 and the case of Bar Association High Court Calcutta reported in 2011 4 CHCN (Cal) Page-736, would relate to ...
M.A. No. 6 of 2002 DRT-III. Case: Dr. Gautam Basu Vs United Bank of India. Kolkatta Debt Recovery Tribunals
1. The Miscellaneous Applicant preferred on Wednesday, November 18, 2002 two applications being respectively for setting aside and/ or recalling the ex parte order dated July 7, 1999 and the certificate of recovery bearing No, 69 of 1997 dated August 9, 1999 issued on the basis of that ex parte order; and also for condonation of delay in preferring...
..., 2003 by the Deputy Sheriff of the Hon'ble High Court at Kolkata along with the seal of Sheriff ... Bank did present, one plaint against the Calcutta Electric Lamp Works Ltd., (hereinafter being ...4, Bar Association, High Court, Calcutta". 108. As such defendant ...
Criminal Appeal No(s.) 339 with 340, 345, 346, 358, 362, 388, 390 to 400 of 2007. Case: Anup Bhushan Vohra Vs The Registrar General, High Court of Judicature at Calcut. Supreme Court
1. These appeals, under Section 19 of the Contempt of Courts Act, 1971 (hereinafter referred to as "the Act"), are filed against the common judgment and order dated 02.03.2007 passed by the Division Bench of the High Court of Judicature at Calcutta in Suo Moto Contempt Motion being Crl. C.P. No. 1 of 2007 with C.R.R. No. 187 of 2007 whereby the Hig...
- Labour Welfare in India. Labour Law
Law Of And Procedure For Appointment Of Arbitrator(S)
... (the arbitral tribunal) instead of by a court of law"1. There can be reference to arbitration ... of terms and conditions of a trade associations or regulatory institutions which publish or ...Fees for services and use of facilities are high in disputes over large amounts;. (ii) ...Board of Trustees, Calcutta Port, AIR 1994 SC 1615. 75 Vishnu Bhagchand v. ...
- Consumerism in Health Care - a Critique. A Critique of Consumerism in Healthcare with Reference to the Indian Consumer Law
- Ownership of Land without Earth. Evaluation on the Establishment and Management of the Apartment Ownership Schemes in Indian Perspective
Code of Civil Procedure, 1908 along with Commentary
... the laws relating to the procedure of the Courts of Civil Judicature. . whereas it is expedient to ..., Palamau and Manbhum in Chota Nagpur, Calcutta Gazette, 1909, Pt., I, pg. 25 and Gazette of ... ordinary original civil jurisdiction of a High Court;. 2 [(5) "foreign Court" means a Court ... with the President of the Bar Association, and if there be no Bar Association, in ...
- The Administrative Relations Between Union And The States. In India
Constitution of India, 1950
... (c) to form associations or unions 7[or co-operative societies]; . (d) to ... or morality or in relation to contempt of court, defamation or incitement to an offence.] . (3) ... qualified to be appointed as, Judges of a High Court has reported before the expiration of the ... . 253.The Calcutta Thikka Tenancy (Acquisition and Regulation) Act, ...
The Advocates Act, 1961
(3) It 2*[shall, in relation to the territories other than those referred to in sub-section (4), come into force] on such date3* as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint, and different dates3* may be appointed for different provisions of this Act. [See footnote 1 for this section
...4* * * * *. (g) "High Court", except in sub-section (1) 5*[and sub-. ... 1*[(dd) to promote the growth of Bar Associations for the purposes of effective implementation of ... specified by the High Court at Bombay or Calcutta for enrolment as an attorney of that High Court;] ...
Income-tax Reference Nos. 129 to 133 and 161 to 164 of 1988. Case: Commissioner of Wealth Tax Vs Mulam Club. Kerala High Court
"Whether, on the facts and in the circumstances of the case, the Tribunal was justified in finding that the assessee-club cannot be assessed in the status of an 'individual' and that since an 'association of persons' is not an assessable entity for the purpose of wealth-tax, it cannot be charged to wealth-tax?" 2. The respondent is a members' club...
Writ Petition (C) No. 287(SH) of 2009. Case: Meghalaya Wine Dealers Association and Anr. Vs State of Meghalaya and Ors.. Gawahati High Court
1. In this writ petition, the petitioner(s) herein has challenged the vires of the Rule 242 and Rule 246 of the Meghalaya Excise Rules as amended by the Meghalaya Excise (Amendment) Rules, 2009 and notified vide notification dated 3rd July, 2009 contained under No. ERTS(E) 11/98/124 and published in the Gazette of Meghalaya 16th July, 2009 as well
...Union of India and Director General Ordnance Factories AIR 1969 Cal. 149. Learned Judge of the Calcutta High Court while rendering the judgment in the case (supra) in paragraph 6 to 9 answered the issue as under:. 6. Before entering into the merits of the petition, it is necessary to dispose of the ...
Indian Stamp Act (As applicable to Haryana)
... within the limits of the towns of 4[Calcutta and Madras and of the city of Bombay]4 the ... passed by Revenue-authority or any Civil Court and awarded by an arbitrator directing a ... the instrument so determined shall be the highest duty which would be chargeable in respect of any ... 10. Articles of Association of a Company:- (a) when the ...
Civil Order No. 11591 (W) of 1990. Case: Central Government Panel Counsel Clerks Association, High Court Vs Joint Secretary, Ministry of Law and Justice, Government of India. Calcutta High Court
1. The present petition has been filed by the Central Government Panel Counsel Clerks Association and 33 others praying, inter alia, for a Writ of Mandamus to command the Respondents to withdraw, cancel and/or to rescind the purported decision stopping the clerkage as contained in the memo dated February 6, 1990 being in Annex. 'B' to the petition
Criminal App. No. 192 of 1964 with Criminal Rev. case No. 355 of 1964. Case: Calcutta Ready snd Forward Market Association Vs State. Calcutta High Court
1. This appeal being Cr. App. No. 192 of 1964 arising out of case No. P.R. 2865 of 1958 and the connected Rule, being Cr. Rev. No. 355 of 1964, arising out of case No. P.R. 2424 of 1958, involve the same points and evidence and so they are taken up together. In the Court below also the two cases were tried together and disposed of by the same learn...