assam municipal act
Assam Students and Juvenile Smoking Act, 1923
..."(2) The Government of Meghalaya may, by notification exempt any locality from the operation of this Act.". In section 4 of the Assam Act for the words, "Assam or a member of Municipal or local Board or a member of village authority consisted under section 20 of the Assam Local Self-Government Act, 1915, or of a Town Committee constituted under section 329, subsections (1) and (2) ...
Assam Elementary Education (Provincialisation) Act, 1974
...(h) "Local Authority" means the Guwahati Municipal Corporation, a Municipal Board as defined in the Assam Municipal Act, 1956, a Town Committee established under the said Act and a Mahkuma Parishad and a Gaon Panchayat establised under the Assam ...
Assam Non-Agricultural Urban Areas Tenancy Act, 1955
...(h) 'urban area' means any area declared to be included in a municipality under the provisions of clauses (a) and (b) of sub-section (2) of Section 5, or declared to be a notified area under the provisions of sub-section (4) of Section 328 or deemed to be such under the ...
- Indian Police System. Need For Reforms
Assam Panchayat Employees (Provincialisation) Act, 1999
... Assam in the rural areas except the Autonomous District under the Sixth Schedule to the Constitution of India and shall exclude any area which has been or hereafter may be included in a Municipality or a Town Committee or a Cantonment constituted under the Assam Municipal Act, 1956 (Assam Act XV of 1957) and the Cantonment Act, 1924, respectively, or by any other Act. (3) It shall be deemed to ...
WP (C) No. 486 of 2009. Case: Bimalendu Roy and Ors. Vs State of Assam and Ors., [Alongwith WP (C) Nos. 613, 744, 805, 828, 1046, 1047, 1376, 1386, 1451, 1460 and 1544 of 2009]. Gawahati High Court
1. These writ petitions being relate to the election to the Urban Local Bodies in the State of Assam under the provisions of the Assam Municipal Act, 1956 (in short 1956 Act), as amended to bring in conformity with the Constitution (Seventy Fourth Amendment) Act, 1992 and relating to the appointment of persons authorized by the State Government to
Assam Shops and Establishments Act, 1971
.... (3) It shall come into force on such date as the State Government may, by notification in the official Gazette, appoint. . (4) It shall apply, in the first instance, to the Municipalities as declared or constituted under the provision of the Assam Municipal Act, 1956 and to all such areas and to all shops, commercial establishments and establishments for public Shops and ...
Writ Petition (C) No. 1534/2013. Case: Gobinda Mandal Vs State of Assam. Gawahati High Court
1. The legality of the order contained in the letter dated 18-8-2012 issued by the Principal Secretary to the Government of Assam, Urban Development Department (respondent 1) holding that the resolution dated 21-4-2012 removing the respondent No. 3 from the Chairmanship of Nalbari Municipal Board was untenable inasmuch as the Assam Municipal (Amend...
RSA No. 192/2000. Case: Sri Jawed Rahman and Sri Aslam Tariq Rahman Vs On the death of Badrul Huda his Legal (Smti. Rumena Huda Hazarika, Sri Manirul Huda @ Jadu, Miss Jinu Huda, and Miss Ruma Huda). Gawahati High Court
1. This second appeal is directed against the judgment and decree dated 17.2.2000 passed by the learned Civil Judge (Sr. Divn.), Dibrugarh, in Title Appeal no. 9 of 1999 dismissing the appeal and affirming the judgment and decree dated 3.5.1999 passed by Civil Judge (Jr. Divin.) No. 2 Dibrugarh (now designated Munsiff No. 2) in title suit no. 2 in
... can be allowed to raise any constructions without any permission from the authority under the Assam Town and country planning Act/Assam Municipal Act and without leaving the required side margin ...
Assam (Temporarily Settled Areas) Tenancy Act, 1971
...["(18) "Town land" means any land-- . (a) included within the limits of the city of Gauhati as constituted and notified under the provisions of sub-section (1) of Section 42 of the Gauhati Municipal Corporation Act, 1 (Assam Act I of 1973);. (b) that may be included further in the city of Gauhati, from time to time, under the pro-visions of sub-section (2) of Section 42 of the Gauhati ...
RFA No. 31 of 2008. Case: Gauri Shankar Agarwalla Vs Madanlal Agarwalla and Ors.. Gawahati High Court
1. This appeal is directed against the judgment and decree, dated 11.8.2008 and 18.8.2008 respectively passed by the learned Civil Judge, Tinsukia, in Title Suit No. 66/2006. The Plaintiff's suit being dismissed by the learned trial Judge, the Plaintiff, as Appellant, has come up with this appeal. 2. The Plaintiff's case, in brief, may be stated a...
...2343 and 2343(a) of Tinsukia Municipal Board. The suit property has been fully described in the schedule to the plaint. In order to avoid ... of waiver and estoppel, that the suit was hit by the provisions of Section 154 of the Assam Land Revenue Regulation, 1886 and Section 296 of the Assam Municipal Act, the contesting ...
Assam Panchayat Act, 1994
... in the rural areas except the Autonomous District under the Sixth Schedule of the Constitution of India and shall exclude any area which has been or hereinafter may be included in a Municipality or a Town Committee or a Cantonment constituted under the Assam Municipal Act, 1956 and the Contonment Act, 1924 respectively or by any other Act. (3) It shall come into force at once1. Footnote: . ...
PIL No. 71 of 2007. Case: Jamini Kumar Baishya and Ors. Vs Government of Assam and Ors. Gawahati High Court
1. By way of this petition under Article 226 of the Constitution of India filed as a Public Interest Litigation (PIL), petitioners have assailed the legality and validity of resolution Nos. 12 and 13 adopted in the general meeting of the Tezpur Municipal Board dated 12.04.2007 (Annexure-2 to the petition) as well as the consequential lease deed No.
SA No. 154 of 1998. Case: Gopal Chandra Sarkar Vs Santosh Verma and Ors.. Gawahati High Court
1. This appeal by the Plaintiff is directed against the judgment and decree dated 14.09.1998 passed by the learned Civil Judge (Senior Division), Dibrugarh, in Title Appeal No. 16/1996, setting aside the judgment and decree dated 31.05.1996 passed by the learned Munsiff No. 1, Dibrugarh, in Title Suit No. 2/1979, whereby and whereunder the suit of
...267 (old)/91 (new), situated at Khalihamari Ward of Dibrugarh Town and included the Municipal Holding No. 902 of Khalihamari Ward of Dibrugarh Municipality; for arrear rent and compensation and ... tenants; the suit is bad for want of notice of ejectment as required under Section 11 of the Assam Non-Agricultural Urban Areas Tenancy Act, 1955 (in short the 1955 Act) and that the Defendant No. 1 ...
WP(C) No. 2653/2008. Case: Sri Ajoy Kumar Choudhury Vs State of Assam, Represented by the Commissioner & Secretary to the Govt. of Assam and Others, [Alongwith Writ Petition (C) Nos. 1970 and 5477/2011 and 2868/2013]. Gawahati High Court
1. All the above writ petitions and Misc. applications being somewhat inter-related, those were heard together and are being disposed of by this common judgment and order. For the sake of convenience, the cases are taken up in seriatim. WP(C) No. 2653/2008 2. In this writ petition, petitioner Sri. Ajay Kumar Choudhury has challenged order dated 0...
...WP(C) No. 2653/2008. 2. In this writ petition, petitioner Sri. Ajay Kumar Choudhury has challenged order dated 08.04.2008 of the Chariman, Barpeta Road Municipal Board (Board). The said decision was taken on the basis of a resolution adopted by the Board on 13.03.2008. As per the said order, petitioner was restrained from drawing salary. Allegation against ...
W.P. (C) Nos. 2239 and 433 of 2004. Case: Silchar Municipal Board and Anr. Vs State of Assam and Ors.. Gawahati High Court
1. The first writ petition directed against the refusal of the respondent authorities to release the current and past salaries of the petitioner was disposed of by this Court on 20.1.2004 with the following directions: .......This petition is disposed of with the direction to the Commissioner, Urban Development Department i.e. respondent No. 2 to...
- Modernisation of Airports in India in Lieu of Green Field Projects. A Critical Analysis of The Development of the Airport Infrastructure in India
W.P. (C) No. 5927 of 2011. Case: Shri Jyotirmoy Paul & Anr. Vs State of Assam & Ors.. Gawahati High Court
Judgment: Arun Chandra Upadhyay, J. 1. This is an application under Article 226 of the Constitution of India calling in question the notice dated 11-11-2011 issued by the respondent Nos. 4, 5 and 6 on the basis of requisition notice dated 10-10-2011, proceeding of
...There are two members, nominated by the State Government in exercise of its powers under Section 11(2) of the Assam Municipal Act, 1956, for short, the Act. In the election that was held in the year 2009, the petitioners along with private respondent Nos. 4 and 5 were elected as Ward Commissioners of the Town Committee and ...
Case: Indian Oil Corporation Ltd. (Guwahati Refinery) Vs State of Assam and Ors.. Gawahati High Court
1. The validity of the Assam Entry Tax Act, 2008 and the Rules framed thereunder along with the provisions of the Assam Entry Tax (Amendment) Ordinance, 2008 have been questioned in this group of writ petitions. Consequently, all the writ petitions were heard together and are being answered by means of this common order. 2. Before adverting to the...
WP(C) No. 940 of 2011. Case: Anurag Agarwal Vs State of Assam & Ors.. Gawahati High Court
Judgment: Ujjal Bhuyan, J. 1. By this application under article 226 of the Constitution of India, the petitioner has challenged the legality and validity of the direction contained in the letter No. UDD(T)/284/2010/9 dtd. 29.12.2010 issued by the Under Secretary to...
...Fresh applications seeking permission to construct high rise new houses be put on hold. All other township municipal corporations be sensitized accordingly. Necessary notification under Defence Act, 1903 to be done within three months by DC Kamrup (Metro). The illegal settlement in the restricted area be removed ...
Civil Rule No. 2769 of 1998, WP(C) No. 165 of 2000, 4172 of 2002, 963 of 2003, 6853 of 2005 and 3652 of 2009. Case: Oil and Natural Gas Corporation and Anr. Vs State of Assam and Ors.. Gawahati High Court
1. The petitioners, Government owned Public Sector entities, seek defeasance of Sections 3-A and 25-B introduced by the Assam Land Revenue Reassessment (Amendment) Act, 1997 (for short, hereinafter referred to as 'the Act' 1997/1997 Act) as ultra vires the Constitution besides being infirm for lack of legislative competence. Reclassification of lan...
Income Tax Notification No: 59/2014 (03-Nov-14) Section 120(1) and (2) of the Income-Tax Act, 1961 - Jurisdiction of Income tax Authorities Supersession of Notification No. S.O. 994(E), dated the 9th September, 2004
... within the territorial limits of States of West Bengal, Jharkhand, Bihar, Odisha, Sikkim, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura and Union territory of Andaman ... Pricing Officer)-1(1), Mumbai Mumbai Areas lying within the territorial limits of Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai, Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporation and Districts of Thane and Raigarh ...
Writ Petition (C) Nos. 3963, 4267 and 4268 of 2010. Case: 1. Greater Lew Polo Welfare Association and Sri. Morris Mylliemngap, Son of late R. Pyrtuh, President of Greater Lew Polo Welfare Association, 2. Shri H. Nongrum, S/o. (L) B. Nongrum, 3. Smti. Nani Bala Dey, W/o. Late Pranhari Dey Vs 1. State of Meghalaya, represented by The Chief Secretary Government of Meghalaya and Ors., [Alogwith Writ Petition (C) Nos. 3970, 4266 and 4268 of 2010], 2. State of Meghalaya, represented by The Commissioner and Secretary, Department of Urban Affairs, Government of Meghalaya, Meghalaya Urban Development Authority, represented by The Secretary, Meghalaya Urban Development Authority and The Deputy Commissioner, The Shillong Municipal Board represented by The Chief Executive Officer, 3. Secretary, Meghalaya Urban Development Authority, Deputy Commissioner and State of Meghalaya to be represented by the Chief Secretary. Gawahati High Court
1. The present round of the extra decade procrastinated legal tussle lays a challenge to the vires of Bye Law 11 of the Meghalaya Urban Development Authority Bye Laws, 2001, (hereafter for short referred to as the Bye Laws) framed under the Meghalaya Town and Country Planning Act, 1973 (for short hereafter referred to as the Act) as well as orders
... had been acquired under the Land Acquisition Act, 1894, those in possession of its members had never been ceded/leased to or purchase or encumbered by the British Government or Governments of Assam and Meghalaya at any point of time and that the same continue to be the absolute property of the Kharkongor clan. The Petitioner has claimed that the Respondent No. 5 being the Ing Khadduh of the ...
RSA 278/2014. Case: Prabhat Chandra Malakar Vs Hafida Begum. Gawahati High Court
3. Plaintiff Prabhat Chandra Malakar instituted Money Suit No. 228/2007 stating that defendant No. 1 Musstt. Hafida Begum is a next door neighbour. She filed a complaint before Legal Services Authority alleging that plaintiff made illegal construction resulting in prejudice to her. The Legal Services Authority issued notice to the plaintiff and the...
...1 did not go to a criminal Court and any other authority either under Guwahati Municipal Corporation, Guwahati Metropolitan Development Authority or any other authority under Assam Town ...
- Sexual Harassment and Law in India. Indian Perspective