assam municipal act
Assam Students and Juvenile Smoking Act, 1923
..."(2) The Government of Meghalaya may, by notification exempt any locality from the operation of this Act.". In section 4 of the Assam Act for the words, "Assam or a member of Municipal or local Board or a member of village authority consisted under section 20 of the Assam Local Self-Government Act, 1915, or of a Town Committee constituted under section 329, subsections (1) and (2) ...
Assam Elementary Education (Provincialisation) Act, 1974
...(h) "Local Authority" means the Guwahati Municipal Corporation, a Municipal Board as defined in the Assam Municipal Act, 1956, a Town Committee established under the said Act and a Mahkuma Parishad and a Gaon Panchayat establised under the Assam ...
Assam Non-Agricultural Urban Areas Tenancy Act, 1955
...(h) 'urban area' means any area declared to be included in a municipality under the provisions of clauses (a) and (b) of sub-section (2) of Section 5, or declared to be a notified area under the provisions of sub-section (4) of Section 328 or deemed to be such under the ...
- Indian Police System. Need For Reforms
- Labour Welfare in India. Labour Law
Assam Panchayat Employees (Provincialisation) Act, 1999
... Assam in the rural areas except the Autonomous District under the Sixth Schedule to the Constitution of India and shall exclude any area which has been or hereafter may be included in a Municipality or a Town Committee or a Cantonment constituted under the Assam Municipal Act, 1956 (Assam Act XV of 1957) and the Cantonment Act, 1924, respectively, or by any other Act. (3) It shall be deemed to ...
WP (C) No. 486 of 2009. Case: Bimalendu Roy and Ors. Vs State of Assam and Ors., [Alongwith WP (C) Nos. 613, 744, 805, 828, 1046, 1047, 1376, 1386, 1451, 1460 and 1544 of 2009]. Gawahati High Court
1. These writ petitions being relate to the election to the Urban Local Bodies in the State of Assam under the provisions of the Assam Municipal Act, 1956 (in short 1956 Act), as amended to bring in conformity with the Constitution (Seventy Fourth Amendment) Act, 1992 and relating to the appointment of persons authorized by the State Government to
Assam Shops and Establishments Act, 1971
.... (3) It shall come into force on such date as the State Government may, by notification in the official Gazette, appoint. . (4) It shall apply, in the first instance, to the Municipalities as declared or constituted under the provision of the Assam Municipal Act, 1956 and to all such areas and to all shops, commercial establishments and establishments for public Shops and ...
Writ Petition (C) No. 1534/2013. Case: Gobinda Mandal Vs State of Assam. Gawahati High Court
1. The legality of the order contained in the letter dated 18-8-2012 issued by the Principal Secretary to the Government of Assam, Urban Development Department (respondent 1) holding that the resolution dated 21-4-2012 removing the respondent No. 3 from the Chairmanship of Nalbari Municipal Board was untenable inasmuch as the Assam Municipal (Amend...
RSA No. 192/2000. Case: Sri Jawed Rahman and Sri Aslam Tariq Rahman Vs On the death of Badrul Huda his Legal (Smti. Rumena Huda Hazarika, Sri Manirul Huda @ Jadu, Miss Jinu Huda, and Miss Ruma Huda). Gawahati High Court
1. This second appeal is directed against the judgment and decree dated 17.2.2000 passed by the learned Civil Judge (Sr. Divn.), Dibrugarh, in Title Appeal no. 9 of 1999 dismissing the appeal and affirming the judgment and decree dated 3.5.1999 passed by Civil Judge (Jr. Divin.) No. 2 Dibrugarh (now designated Munsiff No. 2) in title suit no. 2 in
... can be allowed to raise any constructions without any permission from the authority under the Assam Town and country planning Act/Assam Municipal Act and without leaving the required side margin ...
Assam (Temporarily Settled Areas) Tenancy Act, 1971
...["(18) "Town land" means any land-- . (a) included within the limits of the city of Gauhati as constituted and notified under the provisions of sub-section (1) of Section 42 of the Gauhati Municipal Corporation Act, 1 (Assam Act I of 1973);. (b) that may be included further in the city of Gauhati, from time to time, under the pro-visions of sub-section (2) of Section 42 of the Gauhati ...
RFA No. 31 of 2008. Case: Gauri Shankar Agarwalla Vs Madanlal Agarwalla and Ors.. Gawahati High Court
1. This appeal is directed against the judgment and decree, dated 11.8.2008 and 18.8.2008 respectively passed by the learned Civil Judge, Tinsukia, in Title Suit No. 66/2006. The Plaintiff's suit being dismissed by the learned trial Judge, the Plaintiff, as Appellant, has come up with this appeal. 2. The Plaintiff's case, in brief, may be stated a...
...2343 and 2343(a) of Tinsukia Municipal Board. The suit property has been fully described in the schedule to the plaint. In order to avoid ... of waiver and estoppel, that the suit was hit by the provisions of Section 154 of the Assam Land Revenue Regulation, 1886 and Section 296 of the Assam Municipal Act, the contesting ...
Assam Panchayat Act, 1994
... in the rural areas except the Autonomous District under the Sixth Schedule of the Constitution of India and shall exclude any area which has been or hereinafter may be included in a Municipality or a Town Committee or a Cantonment constituted under the Assam Municipal Act, 1956 and the Contonment Act, 1924 respectively or by any other Act. (3) It shall come into force at once1. Footnote: . ...
PIL No. 71 of 2007. Case: Jamini Kumar Baishya and Ors. Vs Government of Assam and Ors. Gawahati High Court
1. By way of this petition under Article 226 of the Constitution of India filed as a Public Interest Litigation (PIL), petitioners have assailed the legality and validity of resolution Nos. 12 and 13 adopted in the general meeting of the Tezpur Municipal Board dated 12.04.2007 (Annexure-2 to the petition) as well as the consequential lease deed No.
WP(C) No. 2653/2008. Case: Sri Ajoy Kumar Choudhury Vs State of Assam, Represented by the Commissioner & Secretary to the Govt. of Assam and Others, [Alongwith Writ Petition (C) Nos. 1970 and 5477/2011 and 2868/2013]. Gawahati High Court
1. All the above writ petitions and Misc. applications being somewhat inter-related, those were heard together and are being disposed of by this common judgment and order. For the sake of convenience, the cases are taken up in seriatim. WP(C) No. 2653/2008 2. In this writ petition, petitioner Sri. Ajay Kumar Choudhury has challenged order dated 0...
...WP(C) No. 2653/2008. 2. In this writ petition, petitioner Sri. Ajay Kumar Choudhury has challenged order dated 08.04.2008 of the Chariman, Barpeta Road Municipal Board (Board). The said decision was taken on the basis of a resolution adopted by the Board on 13.03.2008. As per the said order, petitioner was restrained from drawing salary. Allegation against ...
W.P. (C) Nos. 2239 and 433 of 2004. Case: Silchar Municipal Board and Anr. Vs State of Assam and Ors.. Gawahati High Court
1. The first writ petition directed against the refusal of the respondent authorities to release the current and past salaries of the petitioner was disposed of by this Court on 20.1.2004 with the following directions: .......This petition is disposed of with the direction to the Commissioner, Urban Development Department i.e. respondent No. 2 to...
SA No. 154 of 1998. Case: Gopal Chandra Sarkar Vs Santosh Verma and Ors.. Gawahati High Court
1. This appeal by the Plaintiff is directed against the judgment and decree dated 14.09.1998 passed by the learned Civil Judge (Senior Division), Dibrugarh, in Title Appeal No. 16/1996, setting aside the judgment and decree dated 31.05.1996 passed by the learned Munsiff No. 1, Dibrugarh, in Title Suit No. 2/1979, whereby and whereunder the suit of
...267 (old)/91 (new), situated at Khalihamari Ward of Dibrugarh Town and included the Municipal Holding No. 902 of Khalihamari Ward of Dibrugarh Municipality; for arrear rent and compensation and ... tenants; the suit is bad for want of notice of ejectment as required under Section 11 of the Assam Non-Agricultural Urban Areas Tenancy Act, 1955 (in short the 1955 Act) and that the Defendant No. 1 ...
Case: Indian Oil Corporation Ltd. (Guwahati Refinery) Vs State of Assam and Ors.. Gawahati High Court
1. The validity of the Assam Entry Tax Act, 2008 and the Rules framed thereunder along with the provisions of the Assam Entry Tax (Amendment) Ordinance, 2008 have been questioned in this group of writ petitions. Consequently, all the writ petitions were heard together and are being answered by means of this common order. 2. Before adverting to the...
Rural Marketing Mix in Bhutan: An Fmcg Perspective
Almost all large consumer goods companies operating in Bhutan actually operate through their Indian offices since India has a free trade agreement with Bhutan. Bhutan has a unique rural market structure, and the 4Ps (Product, Place, Price and Promotion) and 4As (Awareness, Availability, Affordability and Acceptability) of rural marketing are also governed by unique regulations formulated by the...
... 70% of adult male population should be engaged in agriculture and there should not be any municipal board). As per PHCB (2005), 69.1% of population of Bhutan reside in rural areas. Though the ... west by the Indian state of Sikkim, and from Bangladesh to the south by the Indian states of Assam and West Bengal. The total area of the country has been reported as 38,394 sq km. Bhutan has a ...
W.P. (C) No. 5927 of 2011. Case: Shri Jyotirmoy Paul & Anr. Vs State of Assam & Ors.. Gawahati High Court
Judgment: Arun Chandra Upadhyay, J. 1. This is an application under Article 226 of the Constitution of India calling in question the notice dated 11-11-2011 issued by the respondent Nos. 4, 5 and 6 on the basis of requisition notice dated 10-10-2011, proceeding of
...There are two members, nominated by the State Government in exercise of its powers under Section 11(2) of the Assam Municipal Act, 1956, for short, the Act. In the election that was held in the year 2009, the petitioners along with private respondent Nos. 4 and 5 were elected as Ward Commissioners of the Town Committee and ...
- Labour Laws in India. - A INSIGHT IN TO THE LAWS
- Sexual Harassment and Law in India. Indian Perspective
Cattle Trespass Act, 1871 (Assam)
...Statement of Objects and Reasons The Cattle - Tresspass (Assam Amendment) Act, 1936. (Assam Act No. 1 of 1936)1. Under the present system, unclaimed impounded cattle in Municipal and Local Board pounds are sold in auction by the Police, a Work which occupies much of their time to the detriment of their more important duties. Moreover, some pounds are situated at long ...