assam municipal act
10 Years On, Manorama Killers yet to Be Arrested [Guwahati]
IMPHAL: Assam Rifles personnel, who allegedly raped and gunned down Thangjam Manorama Devi 10 years ago, are yet ..., the Okram Ibobi Singh-government had in August 2004, lifted this Act from the Imphal municipal areas. In the same year, the Assam Rifles were made to vacate Kangla and then Prime Minister ...
Rural Marketing Mix in Bhutan: An Fmcg Perspective
Almost all large consumer goods companies operating in Bhutan actually operate through their Indian offices since India has a free trade agreement with Bhutan. Bhutan has a unique rural market structure, and the 4Ps (Product, Place, Price and Promotion) and 4As (Awareness, Availability, Affordability and Acceptability) of rural marketing are also governed by unique regulations formulated by the...
- RIGHT TO INFORMATION IN INDIA. The Theoretical Modal and Practical Scenario
- Labour Laws in India. - A INSIGHT IN TO THE LAWS
- Labour Welfare in India. Labour Law
The Income-Tax Act, 1995
4. Charge of income-tax 1 (1)Where any Central Act enacts that income-tax shall be charged for any assessment year at any rate or rates, income-tax at that rate or those rates shall be charged for that year in accordance with, and 2[subject to the provisions (including provisions for the levy of additional income-tax) of, this Act] in respect of th...
- Right to information in India. A Fundamental Right
Anna, Not the Only One
... District Collector of Mumbai, Defence, the Urban Development Department, the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC), the Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA), and the Department ...There's no getting away from Akhil Gogoi in Assam. He has been responsible for embarassing local authorities with RTI revelations, irritating the ...
- Indian Police System. Need For Reforms
- Modernisation of Airports in India in Lieu of Green Field Projects. A Critical Analysis of The Development of the Airport Infrastructure in India
The Standards of Weights and Measures Act, 1956
(3) It shall come into force on such date, not being later than ten years from the passing of this Act, as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint; and different dates may be appointed for different provisions of this Act 'or for different areas or for different classes of undertakings or for different classes o...
An Ugly Parochialism
... of the policemen who were attacked during the Azad Maidan violence in the backdrop of the Assam riots, I could see a political rationale for the demagoguery and your 'rose diplomacy' with the ...The Shiv Sena, which won the city municipal elections in February, is barely held together by a tiger in the winter of life. Your cousin Uddhav ...
Ied Blast Near Assam Rifles Camp [Guwahati]
... Notably, the controversial Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA) was lifted from seven assembly segments in Imphal municipal areas in 2004 following large-scale public protests. tnn. Copyright Bennett, Coleman & Company Limited Jan 13, 2014Provided by ProQuest LLC. All Rights ...
- Sexual Harassment and Law in India. Indian Perspective
Naga Committee Wants Removal of Toll Gates [Guwahati]
...The team interacted with members of the Upper Assam Chamber of Commerce, Jorhat and compared the prices of essential commodities and hardware products of the two places - Jorhat and Dimapur. The team found out that unlike the Dimapur Municipal Corporation (DMC), the Jorhat Municipal Board did not maintain toll gates to collect taxes on any ...
'This Year We Will Fall Short of the Target' ; After a Life Spent Powering Tcs to Its Current Position As the Country's Pre-Eminent Technology Company, S. Ramadorai Took Over As Advisor to the Prime Minister in the National Council for Skill Development in February 2011. He Spoke to Chaitanya Kalbag and Shamni Pande On the Gigantic Skilling Challenge the Country Faces.
After a lifetime spent powering TCS to its current position as the country's top technology company, S. Ramadorai, took over as Advisor to the Prime Minister in the National Council for Skill Development in February 2011. He spoke to Chaitanya Kalbag and Shamni Pande on the gigantic skilling challenge the country faces. Edited excerpts: It is two years since you took charge. How are you tackling...
Bihar: Patna's Best Known Temple On Terror Radar
Patna, Sept. 6 -- A threat phone call traced to Assam has put one of the most popular Hindu temples in Bihar capital Patna on the terror radar. An ..."We have written thrice to the district administration as well as the Patna Municipal Corporation to rid the area of encroachment, as it is a pressing need in view of the security ...
The Monopolies and Restrictive Trade Practices Act, 1969
(g) "law" includes any enactment, ordinance, regulation, order, bye-law, rule, scheme, notification or other instrument, having immediately before the appointed day, the force of law in the whole or in any part of the autonomous State; (h) "Legislative Assembly" means the Legislative Assembly of Meghalaya; (i) "Meghalaya" means the autonomous State...
The Repealing and Amending Act, 2001
4. Savings.-The repeal by this Act of any enactment shall not affect any other enactment in which the repealed enactment has been applied, incorporated or referred to; and this Act shall not affect the validity, invalidity, effect or consequences of anything already done or suffered, or any right, title, obligation or liability already acquired, ac...
Kamrup Gears Up to Combat Floods [Guwahati]
... department (PWD), North East Frontier Railways, National Highways Authority of India (NHAI), Assam State Electricity Board (ASEB), water resources department and Guwahati Municipal Corporation (GMC) ...
Pil Against Lack of Women's Toilets, Hc Seeks Govt Reply [Guwahati]
...: The Gauhati high court on Thursday issued notices to the state government, Guwahati Municipal Corporation (GMC) and Guwahati Metropolitan Development Authority (GMDA) to respond to a PIL that ...Ten such toilets have been already installed - five at Assam Secretariat and five at Kamarpatty in the Fancy Bazar area. However, both the agencies have ...
Mizoram, Tripura Tighten Anti-Quake Measures
...L. Ruala told IANS. Officials said that chief ministers and chief secretaries of Assam, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Manipur and Tripura held separate review meetings in their respective state ... its supervision of quake-related instructions under the Tripura Building Rules,' Agartala Municipal Council (AMC) spokesman Pranab Nandy told IANS. The AMC has ordered the bulldozing of many concrete ...
Learning Curve Going Downward
...Devika conducted a small but indicative experiment with four Chennai municipal schools that showed most class 3 and class 4 students could read and recollect a story, and answer ...It isn't easy to put a robust remedial learning structure in place. The Assam government has joined hands with the National Institute of Open Schooling and the KK Handique Open ...