assam municipal act 1956
Assam Elementary Education (Provincialisation) Act, 1974
...(h) "Local Authority" means the Guwahati Municipal Corporation, a Municipal Board as defined in the Assam Municipal Act, 1956, a Town Committee ...
Assam Non-Agricultural Urban Areas Tenancy Act, 1955
...(h) 'urban area' means any area declared to be included in a municipality under the provisions of clauses (a) and (b) of sub-section (2) of Section 5, or declared to be a ...* Since repealed and re-enacted as Assam Municipal Act, 1956 (Assam Act XV of 1957). Section 4 - Obligation to pay rent . A tenant shall pay rent for his ...
Assam Panchayat Employees (Provincialisation) Act, 1999
... of India and shall exclude any area which has been or hereafter may be included in a Municipality or a Town Committee or a Cantonment constituted under the Assam Municipal Act, 1956 (Assam Act XV ...
Assam Shops and Establishments Act, 1971
.... (4) It shall apply, in the first instance, to the Municipalities as declared or constituted under the provision of the Assam Municipal Act, 1956 and to all such ...
Assam (Temporarily Settled Areas) Tenancy Act, 1971
... and notified under the provisions of sub-section (1) of Section 42 of the Gauhati Municipal Corporation Act, 1 (Assam Act I of 1973);. (b) that may be included further in the city of ... an area declared or deemed to be Municipality or notified area under the Assam Municipal Act, 1956 (Assam Act XV of 1957);. (e) any other land which the State Government may declare under the Assam ...
RSA No. 192/2000. Case: Sri Jawed Rahman and Sri Aslam Tariq Rahman Vs On the death of Badrul Huda his Legal (Smti. Rumena Huda Hazarika, Sri Manirul Huda @ Jadu, Miss Jinu Huda, and Miss Ruma Huda). Gawahati High Court
1. This second appeal is directed against the judgment and decree dated 17.2.2000 passed by the learned Civil Judge (Sr. Divn.), Dibrugarh, in Title Appeal no. 9 of 1999 dismissing the appeal and affirming the judgment and decree dated 3.5.1999 passed by Civil Judge (Jr. Divin.) No. 2 Dibrugarh (now designated Munsiff No. 2) in title suit no. 2 in
... without any permission from the authority under the Assam Town and country planning Act/Assam Municipal Act and without ... Assam Town and Country Panning Act, 1959/Assam Municipal Act 1956 secondly, without leaving required side margin, hardly blocking ...
PIL No. 71 of 2007. Case: Jamini Kumar Baishya and Ors. Vs Government of Assam and Ors. Gawahati High Court
1. By way of this petition under Article 226 of the Constitution of India filed as a Public Interest Litigation (PIL), petitioners have assailed the legality and validity of resolution Nos. 12 and 13 adopted in the general meeting of the Tezpur Municipal Board dated 12.04.2007 (Annexure-2 to the petition) as well as the consequential lease deed No.
Assam Panchayat Act, 1994
... of India and shall exclude any area which has been or hereinafter may be included in a Municipality or a Town Committee or a Cantonment constituted under the Assam Municipal Act, 1956 and the ...
WP(C) No. 2653/2008. Case: Sri Ajoy Kumar Choudhury Vs State of Assam, Represented by the Commissioner & Secretary to the Govt. of Assam and Others, [Alongwith Writ Petition (C) Nos. 1970 and 5477/2011 and 2868/2013]. Gawahati High Court
1. All the above writ petitions and Misc. applications being somewhat inter-related, those were heard together and are being disposed of by this common judgment and order. For the sake of convenience, the cases are taken up in seriatim. WP(C) No. 2653/2008 2. In this writ petition, petitioner Sri. Ajay Kumar Choudhury has challenged order dated 0...
...Ajay Kumar Choudhury has challenged order dated 08.04.2008 of the Chariman, Barpeta Road Municipal Board (Board). The said decision was taken on the basis of a resolution adopted by the Board on ...23. Section 10 of the Assam Municipal Act, 1956 provides that there shall be established for each Municipality a body of Commissioners designated ...
Writ Petition (C) No. 1534/2013. Case: Gobinda Mandal Vs State of Assam. Gawahati High Court
1. The legality of the order contained in the letter dated 18-8-2012 issued by the Principal Secretary to the Government of Assam, Urban Development Department (respondent 1) holding that the resolution dated 21-4-2012 removing the respondent No. 3 from the Chairmanship of Nalbari Municipal Board was untenable inasmuch as the Assam Municipal (Amend...
W.P. (C) Nos. 2239 and 433 of 2004. Case: Silchar Municipal Board and Anr. Vs State of Assam and Ors.. Gawahati High Court
1. The first writ petition directed against the refusal of the respondent authorities to release the current and past salaries of the petitioner was disposed of by this Court on 20.1.2004 with the following directions: .......This petition is disposed of with the direction to the Commissioner, Urban Development Department i.e. respondent No. 2 to...
...In first place, the writ petition is filed by the Municipal Board and is merely represented by its Chairman. Moreover, Section 37 of the Assam Municipal Act, 1956 ("the Act" for short) empowers the Chairman to exercise all the powers vested by the Act in the Board for transaction of connected with the Act. All that he is required to do is not to exercise any ...
WP (C) No. 486 of 2009. Case: Bimalendu Roy and Ors. Vs State of Assam and Ors., [Alongwith WP (C) Nos. 613, 744, 805, 828, 1046, 1047, 1376, 1386, 1451, 1460 and 1544 of 2009]. Gawahati High Court
1. These writ petitions being relate to the election to the Urban Local Bodies in the State of Assam under the provisions of the Assam Municipal Act, 1956 (in short 1956 Act), as amended to bring in conformity with the Constitution (Seventy Fourth Amendment) Act, 1992 and relating to the appointment of persons authorized by the State Government to
W.P. (C) No. 5927 of 2011. Case: Shri Jyotirmoy Paul & Anr. Vs State of Assam & Ors.. Gawahati High Court
Judgment: Arun Chandra Upadhyay, J. 1. This is an application under Article 226 of the Constitution of India calling in question the notice dated 11-11-2011 issued by the respondent Nos. 4, 5 and 6 on the basis of requisition notice dated 10-10-2011, proceeding of
... by the State Government in exercise of its powers under Section 11(2) of the Assam Municipal Act, 1956, for short, the Act. In the election that was held in the year 2009, the petitioners ...
- Modernisation of Airports in India in Lieu of Green Field Projects. A Critical Analysis of The Development of the Airport Infrastructure in India
Case: Indian Oil Corporation Ltd. (Guwahati Refinery) Vs State of Assam and Ors.. Gawahati High Court
1. The validity of the Assam Entry Tax Act, 2008 and the Rules framed thereunder along with the provisions of the Assam Entry Tax (Amendment) Ordinance, 2008 have been questioned in this group of writ petitions. Consequently, all the writ petitions were heard together and are being answered by means of this common order. 2. Before adverting to the...
WP(C) No. 940 of 2011. Case: Anurag Agarwal Vs State of Assam & Ors.. Gawahati High Court
Judgment: Ujjal Bhuyan, J. 1. By this application under article 226 of the Constitution of India, the petitioner has challenged the legality and validity of the direction contained in the letter No. UDD(T)/284/2010/9 dtd. 29.12.2010 issued by the Under Secretary to...
...All other township municipal corporations be sensitized accordingly. Necessary notification under Defence Act, 1903 to be done ... the municipal board in the case of municipal areas constituted under the Assam Municipal Act, 1956 or the development authority constituted under section 8 of the state Act. Section 2(3) of the ...
Civil Rule No. 2769 of 1998, WP(C) No. 165 of 2000, 4172 of 2002, 963 of 2003, 6853 of 2005 and 3652 of 2009. Case: Oil and Natural Gas Corporation and Anr. Vs State of Assam and Ors.. Gawahati High Court
1. The petitioners, Government owned Public Sector entities, seek defeasance of Sections 3-A and 25-B introduced by the Assam Land Revenue Reassessment (Amendment) Act, 1997 (for short, hereinafter referred to as 'the Act' 1997/1997 Act) as ultra vires the Constitution besides being infirm for lack of legislative competence. Reclassification of lan...
- Labour Laws in India. - A INSIGHT IN TO THE LAWS
Writ Petition (C) Nos. 3963, 4267 and 4268 of 2010. Case: 1. Greater Lew Polo Welfare Association and Sri. Morris Mylliemngap, Son of late R. Pyrtuh, President of Greater Lew Polo Welfare Association, 2. Shri H. Nongrum, S/o. (L) B. Nongrum, 3. Smti. Nani Bala Dey, W/o. Late Pranhari Dey Vs 1. State of Meghalaya, represented by The Chief Secretary Government of Meghalaya and Ors., [Alogwith Writ Petition (C) Nos. 3970, 4266 and 4268 of 2010], 2. State of Meghalaya, represented by The Commissioner and Secretary, Department of Urban Affairs, Government of Meghalaya, Meghalaya Urban Development Authority, represented by The Secretary, Meghalaya Urban Development Authority and The Deputy Commissioner, The Shillong Municipal Board represented by The Chief Executive Officer, 3. Secretary, Meghalaya Urban Development Authority, Deputy Commissioner and State of Meghalaya to be represented by the Chief Secretary. Gawahati High Court
1. The present round of the extra decade procrastinated legal tussle lays a challenge to the vires of Bye Law 11 of the Meghalaya Urban Development Authority Bye Laws, 2001, (hereafter for short referred to as the Bye Laws) framed under the Meghalaya Town and Country Planning Act, 1973 (for short hereafter referred to as the Act) as well as orders
... been ceded/leased to or purchase or encumbered by the British Government or Governments of Assam and Meghalaya at any point of time and that the same continue to be the absolute property of the ... be taken to mean the Municipal Board for the area constituted under the Assam Municipal Act,1956( as adopted by Meghalaya). 2(4)."Building" means any construction for whatsoever purpose and of ...
- Sexual Harassment and Law in India. Indian Perspective
Indian Stamp (Assam Amendment) Act, 1989
... members of a Stock Exchange recognised under the Securities Contracts (Regulation) Act, 1956 (Act XLII of 1956); Fifty paise for every Rs. 2,500 or part thereof, of the value of the ..., such as Government revenue, the landlord's share of cesses, or the owner's share of municipal rates or taxes, which is by law recoverable from the lessor, the amounts so agreed to be paid by ...
RFA No. 31 of 2008. Case: Gauri Shankar Agarwalla Vs Madanlal Agarwalla and Ors.. Gawahati High Court
1. This appeal is directed against the judgment and decree, dated 11.8.2008 and 18.8.2008 respectively passed by the learned Civil Judge, Tinsukia, in Title Suit No. 66/2006. The Plaintiff's suit being dismissed by the learned trial Judge, the Plaintiff, as Appellant, has come up with this appeal. 2. The Plaintiff's case, in brief, may be stated a...
...2343 and 2343(a) of Tinsukia Municipal Board. The suit property has been fully described in the schedule ... the suit was hit by the provisions of Section 154 of the Assam Land Revenue Regulation, 1886 and Section 296 of the Assam ...15. Section 8 of the Hindu Succession Act, 1956 has laid general rules of Succession in the case of males. 8. ...
Constitution of India, 1950
... Substituted by the Constitution (Seventh Amendment) Act, 1956, section 2, for clause (2). . 2. Substituted by the ... be elected by electorates consisting of members of municipalities, district boards and such other local authorities in the State as ... Tribes in any State 1 [***] other than the 2 [States of Assam 3 [4 [Meghalaya, Tripura and Mizoram]]]. . (2) The provisions of ...
- Labour Welfare in India. Labour Law
Case: 1. BPL Mobile Cellular Limited and Anr. and Bharti Broadband Limited, 2. IDEA Cellular Limited and Videsh Sanchar Nigam Limited, 3. Essel Shyam Communication Ltd. (ESCL) Vs 1. Department of Telecommunications, 2. Union of India (UOI) and Anr., 3. Department of Telecommunications (DoT) and Ors.. TDSAT (Telecom Disputes Settlement & Appellate Tribunal)
Court Information TDSAT Cases
... in accordance with the provisions of the Companies Act, 1956. 55. In these petitions, the validity of the said Clause 6.8 ... 22. In New Delhi Municipal Committee v. Kalu Ram (1976) 3 SCC 407, the word "payable" has ... to the following passage from its earlier decision in Assam Small Svale Industries Development Corporation Ltd. v. J.D. ...